- Back up early and often. Time Machine is foolproof backup software made by Apple, baked right into the Mac.
- Connect to iCloud.
- Use the Help menu.
- Get familiar with the Menu.
- Visit the Mac App Store.
- Set up your email.
- Set up your printer.
- Get to know Spotlight.
Best answer for this question, what should I do when I first get my MacBook air?
In this regard, how do I get the most out of my new MacBook air?
- Mute Siri.
- Simplify your view of the internet.
- Share files.
- Free up hard drive space.
- Clean up System Preferences.
- Flip the scroll direction.
- Check settings more quickly.
- Combine app windows into tabs.
As many you asked, what can I do with a brand new Mac?
- Set up a backup plan for your Mac. Source: iMore.
- Sign in to iCloud.
- Sign in to the Music, Podcasts, and TV apps.
- Set up Email and Calendar.
- Set up Optimized Storage.
- Set up automatic downloads.
- Connect your printer.
- Download apps and games.
Correspondingly, what things can you do with a MacBook Air?
- Do unit conversions in Spotlight.
- Talk to and listen to your Mac!
- Run Windows.
- Take screenshots of any size.
- Automatically hide and show the menu bar.
- Type exotic characters.
- Sign PDFs right in Mail.
- Batch rename files.
In the menu bar at the top of the screen or the top of the iTunes window, click Account, then click View My Account. Sign in with your Apple ID. On the Account Information page, click Change Country or Region. Select your new country or region.
How do I turn off my MacBook Air 2020?
How do I maximize my Mac?
Maximize a window: Press and hold the Option key while you click the green maximize button in the top-left corner of an app window. To return to the previous window size, Option-click the button again.
What cool things can you do on a MacBook Pro?
- Add to Your Reading List.
- Play Chess.
- Use preinstalled Office Software for free.
- Set Up Speech Recognition and Improve Productivity.
- Annotate and edit PDFs without Additional Software.
- Use Your Photostream as Your Wallpaper.
How do u right click on a MacBook?
- Click with thumb while making contact with two fingers. This is how your intrepid blogger initiates a right click.
- Click with two fingers.
- Assign the bottom-right corner.
- Assign the bottom-left corner.
- Click the trackpad while holding down the Control key.
How do I setup my new IMAC 2020?
What Windows can do that Mac cant?
- Windows Gives You Better Customization:
- Windows Provides The Best Gaming Experience:
- You Can Create New Files In Windows Devices:
- You Can’t Create Jump Lists in the Mac OS:
- You Can Maximize Windows In The Windows OS:
- Windows Now Runs On Touchscreen Computers:
What should I install on new MacBook pro?
- Adobe Creative Cloud Photography. Image: Adobe.
- Alfred. Alfred is essentially a shortcut creation tool, and it lets you use quick keyboard commands to launch apps, find files, and even search the web.
- Bear Notes.
- GIF Brewery 3.
- Paprika 3.
- Pixelmator Pro.
What MacBook is better for school?
The MacBook Air (M1,2020) is the best MacBook for students. It has enough power to face almost any academic challenge you come up against.
Should I charge my MacBook air before first use?
Apple recommends that you fully charge your Mac the first time you use it (because it is shipped without a full charge on it), but you can be using it while it’s charging. Other than that, run on battery whenever you need to and plug it in whenever you can.
How do I make my Mac aesthetic?
Should FileVault be on or off on Mac?
There’s another good reason to use FileVault, too: Apple recommends using it if you want to securely delete data off an SSD-equipped Mac once you stop using it. When you first set up a new Mac, the initial setup process will ask you if you want to turn on FileVault. By default, it will activate.