To truly minimise “Other” storage, you would need to backup your phone, reset it and, finally, restore your phone from the backup. This process will remove most of the “Other” storage being used on your iPhone, but takes a bit of time and effort.
Quick Answer, how do I clear other storage on my phone?
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Scroll down and find the Storage option.
- Under Storage, the UI may be different for different Android phone, but you can tap on any item to find more info about its content, and then can selectively delete stuff.
Beside above, how do I get rid of other on my iPhone without resetting?
Considering this, how do I clear my iPhone storage cache?
- Open your iPhone‘s settings.
- Scroll until you see the eligible app, then tap it.
- Look for a “Clear cache” option. If the toggle next to it is green, tap it to clear the app’s cache.
Best answer for this question, how do I free up space on my iPhone without deleting apps?
- Delete iMessage attachment files.
- Disable Photo Stream.
- Turn off sharing photos in iCloud.
- Disable saving duplicate photos when shooting in HDR.
- Delete “Burst Mode” photos.
- Delete duplicate photos on iPhone.
- Clear Safari cache.
- Clean up iBooks, Videos and Podcasts content.
Factory Reset Your iPhone It will clear all the clutter and junk files stored on the device and free up space. Simply navigate to Settings > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings. Do create a backup first so you don’t lose your precious data.
- 1 How do I make my iPhone storage go down?
- 2 How do you clear your cache?
- 3 How do I clear my iPhone cache without deleting history?
- 4 How do I clear my Bluetooth cache on my iPhone?
- 5 How do I clear my cache on my iPhone 7?
- 6 Why is iPhone storage full when I have iCloud?
- 7 Why is my iPhone storage suddenly full?
- 8 Can I increase storage on my iPhone?
- 9 Does factory reset delete?
- 10 Why is other taking up half my storage?
- 11 What do I do when my iPhone storage is full?
How do I make my iPhone storage go down?
- Restart Your iPhone. The first step you can follow to reduce System storage size on iPhone is a normal restart.
- Reduce iPhone System Storage with iTunes.
- Update Your iPhone.
- Follow Apple’s Storage Recommendations.
- Erase All Content And Settings.
How do you clear your cache?
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click More tools. Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
How do I clear my iPhone cache without deleting history?
- From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Select Show Develop menu in menu bar.
- Now from the menu bar click Develop > Empty Caches.
How do I clear my Bluetooth cache on my iPhone?
Step 1: Open Settings and go to ‘Apps’. Step 2: Next, go to the Bluetooth option and select it. Step 3: Tap on ‘Storage’ and ‘Clear Cache’.
How do I clear my cache on my iPhone 7?
- Tap iPhone Settings.
- Scroll down until you find Safari.
- Tap on Safari.
- Scroll to the bottom, then tap Clear History and Website Data.
- When the prompt appears confirming your choice to “remove history, cookies, and other browsing data.
Why is iPhone storage full when I have iCloud?
Backups of your devices are often the culprits behind a full iCloud storage space. It’s entirely possible you had your old iPhone set to upload backups to the cloud automatically, and then never removed those files. … To get rid of these files, open up iCloud from the Settings app (iOS) or System Preferences app (MacOS).
Why is my iPhone storage suddenly full?
My iPhone storage is almost full. Another reason for your depleting iPhone memory, aside from your music, photos and videos, is your cache. Cache is simply storage of old data for memory. Your apps accumulate a lot of cache, especially if they don’t self-clean.
Can I increase storage on my iPhone?
When you buy your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, it comes with a set storage capacity. When your device is full, you can’t increase its storage. … But you can free up space.
Does factory reset delete?
Factory resets aren’t perfect. They don’t delete everything on the computer. The data will still exist on the hard drive. … Eventually, if you use the entire storage, all of the old data will be overwritten and will cease to exist.
Why is other taking up half my storage?
Your device automatically removes cached files and temporary files when your device needs more space. Since Finder and iTunes categorize cached files as Other, reported usage for Music or Videos might differ. To view usage on your device, go to Settings > General > [Device] Storage.
What do I do when my iPhone storage is full?
- TIP #1: Delete unused apps.
- Tip #2: Delete preinstalled apps data.
- Tip #3: Find out which apps are taking up the most space.
- Tip #4: Mass purge old conversations.
- Tip #5: Turn off Photo Stream.
- Tip #6: Don’t keep HDR photos.
- Tip #7: Listen to your music with pCloud.