- From the menu bar in Mail, choose Mail > Add Account.
- Select your email provider from the list, then click Continue.
- Some accounts, such as Google, may ask you to click Open Browser and complete the authentication in your web browser.
Moreover, why can’t I get emails on my macbook air? Try quitting Mail, then opening it again. … Choose Window > Connection Doctor, then follow any instructions in the Details column. Check for problems logging in to email accounts or with the incoming mail server, or with firewall software blocking network traffic.
People ask also, where is the mail app on my Mac? Launch Mail from the Dock or Finder. Click Mail in the menu bar on the top left of your screen.
Similarly, why won’t my Mac let me log into my email? If you entered the correct password for your email account in the password dialog in the Mail app on your Mac, but Mail says it can’t connect to your email account, your email account provider may be rejecting the password.
Considering this, why is my Mail not working? Restart your device. It may just be the case that your emails have gotten stuck and a restart can usually help reset things and get it working again. … Next check that all of the settings for your account are correct as sometimes your device can run an update and change some of the settings on your email account.apple. mail. plist” and drag it the Desktop, then restart Mail. If all else fails you can reinstall the operating system (Mavericks) that includes the Mail.
How do I get my email back online on my Mac?
How do I fix my email on my Mac?
- Restart Mail app. Press Option-Command-Esc to open the force-quit menu. Select Mail to quit the app.
- Restart your Mac. Restart your Mac: go to the Apple Menu on the top left and select Restart. See if that worked and move on if required.
- Test Mail in Safe Mode.
How do I fix my email on my computer?
- 1 Make Sure I’m Connected to the Net.
- 2 Check for Updates.
- 3 Restart and Install the Update.
- 4 Check These Windows Settings.
- 5 Check Mail Settings.
- 6 Refresh Windows Sync Settings.
- 7 Repair Missing or Corrupted Files with SFC.
- 8 Repair the Windows Image (DISM)
Why won’t my Mail quit on my Mac?
Press these three keys together: Option, Command, and Esc (Escape). Or choose Force Quit from the Apple menu in the upper-left corner of your screen. (This is similar to pressing Control-Alt-Delete on a PC.) Then select the app in the Force Quit window and click Force Quit.
What to do when emails are not coming through?
- Check your Junk Email folder.
- Clean out your inbox.
- Check your inbox filter and sort settings.
- Check the Other tab.
- Check your Blocked senders and Safe senders lists.
- Check your email rules.
- Check email forwarding.
Why is my email not showing up in my inbox?
Your mail can go missing from your inbox because of filters or forwarding, or because of POP and IMAP settings in your other mail systems. Your mail server or email systems could also be downloading and saving local copies of your messages and deleting them from Gmail.
How do I fix email problems?
- Verify your email account password.
- Verify your email account username.
- Determine the email account type.
- Check the email server connection settings.
- Fix a misbehaving email program or app.
How do I clean up Mail app on Mac?
Choose Mailbox > Erase Deleted Items, then choose to remove them from all accounts or a specific account. For POP accounts, reduce the amount of time that copies of messages and attachments remain on the mail server before being removed.
Can you reinstall Mail on Mac?
Reinstall Mail Client Reinstalling your Mail client requires you to run the Mac OS X installer. Restart your computer and hold down “Command-R” after you see the gray start screen appear. … Choose the option to “Reinstall Mac OS X,” select your hard drive and click the “Continue” button.
Can you reinstall Apple Mail?
To reinstall Mail, you need to reinstall the OS by booting into the Recovery Partition. Might be a corrupt . plist. Do a backup, preferably 2 backups on 2 separate drives.
How do I change my Mac email from offline to online?
- Take accounts online: Choose Mailbox > Take All Accounts Online or Mailbox > Online Status > Take [specific account] Online.
- Take accounts offline: Choose Mailbox > Take All Accounts Offline or Mailbox > Online Status > Take [specific account] Offline.