- Set the MacBook Pro to restart.
- Select “Disk Utility” from the next screen and click “Continue.” Choose your hard drive in the list and click “Erase.”
- Click the “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)” option in the new dialog.
Similarly, how do I restore my MacBook Pro 2011 to factory settings? To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it!
You asked, how do you manually factory reset a MacBook pro?
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
Additionally, how do I reset my MacBook Pro 2011 to factory settings without password? First you’ll need to turn off your Mac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterwards you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.
Frequent question, how do you reset a Mac 2011?
How do I do a factory reset?
- 1 Tap Settings
- 2 Tap General Management.
- 3 Tap Reset.
- 4 Tap Factory data reset.
- 5 Tap RESET.
- 6 Tap DELETE ALL. Please be patient as phone resetting takes some time.
- 1 Tap Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.
- 2 Tap Factory data reset > Reset Device > Erase Everything.
How do you delete everything off your MacBook Pro?
What do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX?
First, completely shut down your Mac via the Apple Toolbar. Then, hold down Command, Option, P, and R buttons on your keyboard as you restart your Mac. Continue to keep these buttons held until you hear the Mac startup chime twice. After the second chime, let go of the buttons and let your Mac restart as normal.
Can a MacBook be tracked after factory reset?
When you erase your Mac, all of your information will be deleted from the device and you won’t be able to find it using Find My. Remove your lost or stolen Mac from your list of trusted devices.
How do I reset the password on my MacBook Pro 2011?
“On Restart, once you hear chime, Hold Option key. Go to Utilities->Terminal menu. Type resetpassword, a reset password window will apear. Follow the instructions.”
How do I remove password from MacBook Pro 2011?
How do I reboot my MacBook Pro 2011?
Press and hold down the Command (⌘) and Control (Ctrl) keys along with the power button (or the Touch ID / Eject button, depending on the Mac model) until the screen goes blank and the machine restarts.
How do I reset my MacBook Pro 2011 High Sierra?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2010?
As it’s loading hold the Command button and the R key. Something will come up called OS X Utilities. Click on Disk Utility and click on “Mac OS Extended”. Then, click Erase.
What are the disadvantages of factory Reset?
But if we reset our device because we noticed that its snappiness has slowed down, the biggest drawback is the loss of data, so it is essential to backup all your data, contacts, photos, videos, files, music, before resetting.
Does factory Reset delete all data?
However, a security firm has determined returning Android devices to factory settings doesn’t actually wipe them clean. … Here are the step you need to take to protect your data.