What’s more, TuneIn Pro comes with a Siri Shortcut. You first need to download Apple’s free Siri Shortcuts app, but then you can use it to command HomePod to play radio stations. You can create a shortcut so that you need only say “Hey, Siri, play the radio,” or any other phrase you like, and it will start TuneIn Pro.
Moreover, how do I get TuneIn on HomePod?
- How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Update HomePod.
- Update apps or use automatic downloads.
Subsequently, can HomePod play TuneIn? The Apple HomePod can now start to play live radio stations if you ask Siri to play them. … Following a software update in October 2019 the speaker gained the ability to play radio stations provided by TuneIn radio, as well as various podcasts thanks to iHeartRadio.
Also know, does Siri work with TuneIn radio? SAN FRANCISCO, September. 24, 2019. TuneIn, the leading live global streaming and on-demand audio service, today teamed up with Apple to offer listeners access to TuneIn’s more than 100,000 global radio stations on all Siri-enabled devices and Apple Music.
Likewise, what radio stations can you play on HomePod?
- Hey Siri Play Bloomberg Radio.
- Hey Siri play ESPN radio ( EPSN news and sports)
- Hey Siri Play NPR Radio.
- Hey Siri Play WAMU 88.5 Radio.
- Hey Siri Play TED Radio Hour.
- Hey Siri Play Radio Boston.
- Hey Siri Play 98.5 The Sports Hub Radio.
Make sure that HomePod is turned on Make sure that HomePod is plugged into power. … You can also say “Hey Siri.” If Siri responds, then HomePod is turned on. Another way to check is to open the Home app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac and tap or click the HomePod tile. If music plays, HomePod is turned on.
How do you create a shortcut on HomePod?
Run a shortcut with Siri You can run any shortcut that you have by asking Siri on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch or HomePod. Just say “Hey Siri,” then the name of the shortcut.
Can HomePod play radio 4?
One of the biggest omissions from HomePod is that it won’t play BBC radio stations if you ask it to. It can only play Beats 1 radio. For all other radio stations, you’ll have to stream via AirPlay instead.
Can you play local radio on HomePod?
On your HomePod: Ask Siri to play a radio station. On your PC: open iTunes, choose Music from the pop-up menu, then click Radio in the navigation bar. On the web: go to music.apple.com, then click Radio in the sidebar.
Does HomePod listen to conversations?
Like every other smart speaker with an integrated voice assistant function, the HomePod comes with an “always-on” mic, which allows it to listen to conversations. Also, a report revealed that smart speakers like the HomePod can self-activate and record conversations up to 46 seconds without its user knowing.
What radio stations are free on Apple music?
The free radio stations include Beats 1, Bloomberg Radio, ESPN News and Sports, and NPR News and Culture, to name a few. Here’s how to listen to free radio stations in Apple Music without a subscription.
How do I add a radio station to Apple music?
- Launch the Music app.
- Find a song you like, then press and hold on it in the list.
- Select Create Station from the action menu that pops up.
- A new station based on your song selection will begin playing.
How do I tune my radio to Apple music?
- On your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple TV, Android device or Chromebook: Open the Apple Music app and go to the Radio tab.
- On your Apple Watch Series 3 or later: Open the Radio app.
- On your HomePod: Ask Siri to play a radio station.
What is the best free radio app?
- Amazon Music Prime. Free for Prime customers.
- Spotify Free. The world’s most popular streaming service, in a free version.
- YouTube Music. Google your tunes.
- Pandora. One of the oldest is still one of the best.
- Slacker Radio / LiveXLive. It’s live!
- Sonos Radio.
How do I play iHeartRadio on HomePod?
You can say, “Hey Siri, play [station name]” to access your favorite Live iHeartRadio stations. You can also enjoy these stations on your HomePod and through vehicles with Apple CarPlay.
How do I restore HomePod?
- Unplug HomePod or unplug the power adapter for HomePod mini, wait 10 seconds, then plug it back in.
- Wait 10 seconds, then touch your finger to the top of HomePod and hold it there.
- The white spinning light will turn red. Keep your finger down.
- Siri will say that your HomePod is about to reset.
Why won’t my iPhone connect to HomePod?
Make sure that your device is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS and has the Home and Music app. Make sure that your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Also check that the Music app and Home app are installed on the device that you’re using to set up HomePod.