Go to Settings -> Messages, scroll down to “Message Filtering” section and click into “Unknown & Spam”. Enable “Filter Unknown Senders” and SMS Filtering. This should turn off iMessage notifications if the text comes from addresses that are not in your contacts, unless you have replied to it.
You asked, how do I stop spam texts from email addresses?
- Open the Messages app.
- Hit the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the SIM card if applicable.
- Select Spam protection.
- Tap on the slider next to Enable spam protection so it becomes blue.
Subsequently, why am I getting text messages from email addresses on my iPhone? It’s called spam… it’s coming to you as an SMS message through your cellular carrier’s email to text gateway. If you do not need to receive SMS messages from email accounts (some automated alerting systems may use this method), then contact your carrier and ask them to disable that at their gateway.
Moreover, how do I stop spam text messages on my iPhone?
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down to and select “Messages” > “Unknown & Spam”
- Toggle on “Filter Unknown Senders”
Beside above, how do I stop random emails from texting on my iPhone? Filtering out spam on an iPhone is simple. Go to Settings and tap on Messages. Scroll down to Filter Unknown Senders and toggle the setting on.
- Start the Messages app and tap a message that you want to block.
- Tap the three-dot menu at the top right of the screen.
- In the drop-down menu, choose “Details.”
- On the Details page, tap “Block & report spam.”
- 1 Why am I getting spam texts from email addresses?
- 2 Why do I keep getting random texts with links?
- 3 Why is iMessage sending from email and not phone number?
- 4 Why does iMessage show email instead of phone number?
- 5 Why am I still getting text messages from a blocked number iPhone?
- 6 How do I restrict messages on iPhone?
- 7 How do I report a spam text message?
- 8 Can I block incoming text messages?
- 9 How do I block text messages on Lowell?
- 10 How do I block unwanted text messages from Gmail?
- 11 Can your phone get hacked by opening a text message?
Why am I getting spam texts from email addresses?
Whoever is sending you a spam text message is likely trying to defraud you. Most spam text messages aren’t coming from another phone. They’re often originating from a computer and being delivered to your phone — at no cost to the sender — via an email address or an instant messaging account.
Clicking on a link or attachment in a spam message could trigger malware that infects your phone. Plus, if you’ve ever responded to a spam message, even accidentally, your phone number was likely tagged as valid and may have been disseminated to other scammers, increasing your odds of getting more junk messages.
Why is iMessage sending from email and not phone number?
If you originally start an iMessage using an iPhone users email and not phone number, then for whatever reason if you don’t have data at the time of your message it will send it as an email NOT A TEXT. It does not revert back to their default number even if it’s stored into your contacts.
Why does iMessage show email instead of phone number?
This minor bug in the communication system between iOS and OSX will happen either if you have a contact saved in your phone incorrectly, or if they haven’t switched from their “@me” account in iChat over to their phone without turning off the former first.
Why am I still getting text messages from a blocked number iPhone?
Why am I still getting texts from a number I blocked? … You’ll see that ‘you can receive iMessage to and reply from’, followed by both your phone number and Apple ID email. It’s possible that blocking a contact only blocks people from spamming your phone with texts, but not your email.
How do I restrict messages on iPhone?
- Tap the number or contact at the top of the message, then click the small info button.
- On the Details screen, tap the right facing arrow next to the name, phone number, or address which texted you.
- Tap “Block this Caller.”
How do I report a spam text message?
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Messages app .
- Open the conversation you want to report.
- Tap More Group details. Report spam.
- Tap Report spam.
Can I block incoming text messages?
Android’s default messaging app offers no options to block incoming SMS texts, but you can install a third-party app such as smsBlocker to block incoming messages from certain numbers.
How do I block text messages on Lowell?
On an Android phone, open the text and tap the three-dot icon in the upper right. The steps then vary based on your phone and OS version. Either select the option to Block number, or select Details and then tap the option to Block & report spam.
How do I block unwanted text messages from Gmail?
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Gmail app .
- Open the message.
- In the top right of the message, tap More .
- Tap Block [sender].
Can your phone get hacked by opening a text message?
Android phones can get infected by merely receiving a picture via text message, according to research published Monday. This is likely the biggest smartphone flaw ever discovered.