Long-press on your HomePod to access its settings. Here, at the top, you’ll be detailed why you’re facing the Wi-Fi network issue. Scroll down in this menu to access more options. Now, you’ll see the message that your iPhone is connected to a different Wi-Fi network.
Considering this, how do I change the Wi-Fi on my HomePod mini?
People ask also, how do I reset my HomePod to a new Wi-Fi?
- Launch the Home app.
- Tap Rooms.
- Swipe to the left or right to locate the Room your HomePod is in, and then tap and hold on the HomePod.
- Swipe down and tap the Settings icon.
- Swipe down and tap Reset HomePod.
- Tap Restart HomePod.
Correspondingly, how do I connect my HomePod mini to Wi-Fi? HomePod will automatically connect to the same network as your iOS device. If it doesn’t you can manually change the Wi-Fi network in the home app on your iOS device. Go to Home app > press and hold HomePod > settings > Move HomePod to [select wi-fi network].
Furthermore, how do I reset HomePod mini?
- Unplug HomePod or unplug the power adapter for HomePod mini, wait 10 seconds, then plug it back in.
- Wait 10 seconds, then touch your finger to the top of HomePod and hold it there.
- The white spinning light will turn red. Keep your finger down.
- Siri will say that your HomePod is about to reset.
To access HomePod settings, open the Home app, tap the Home tab, long press on the HomePod tile, and tap the Details button in the bottom right-hand corner.
How do you put HomePod in pairing mode?
Why won’t my iPhone connect to HomePod?
Make sure that your device is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS and has the Home and Music app. Make sure that your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Also check that the Music app and Home app are installed on the device that you’re using to set up HomePod.
How do I update my HomePod software?
- Make sure that your device is updated to the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, or macOS.
- Open the Home app. Select Home , then Home Settings > Software Update.
- Select HomePod to turn automatic updates on or off. If there’s a new update, select Update.
Why is my HomePod mini not connecting to Wi-Fi?
The Home app may also give alerts about why the mini isn’t connected to Wi-Fi and what may be the solution. If the problem keeps happening, try restoring your HomePod to factory settings and starting over. You can manually reset this way by unplugging the mini, waiting 10 seconds, and plugging it back in.
Why can’t I connect to HomePod mini?
If you recently changed your Wi-Fi password or moved HomePod to a new location, wait a few seconds, then ask Siri a question to see if HomePod is connected to Wi-Fi. … If you set up HomePod to use one of these networks, you’ll need to reset HomePod and set it up again on a different Wi-Fi network.
How do I connect my HomePod mini to my home app?
How long does HomePod mini take to configure?
When you go to configure the HomePod Mini again, it should configure in under 20-minutes. Although, some people still have to wait a few hours for it to finish configuring.
How do I turn off HomePod mini?
To turn the feature off, first, launch the Settings app and tap “General.” Scroll down and select “AirPlay & Handoff” from the list of available options. Finally, disable the “Transfer to HomePod” option to turn the feature off altogether.
Where is the 8 digit code on HomePod?
The serial number is on the bottom of HomePod and HomePod mini.
Where are HomePod mini settings?
- In the Home app on your iOS or iPadOS device, touch and hold a HomePod.
- Scroll down, tap. , then do any of the following: Assign HomePod to a different room: Tap Room, then choose a new room.
How do I put a password on my HomePod?
- Launch the Home app on your iPhone or iPad Home screen.
- Tap on the Add Home button (looks like a location arrow), top right.
- Tap on Allow Speaker Access in the Speakers section.
- Tap on:
- Tap on Require Password if you want additional security.