With your MacBook turned on, click the Apple Logo located at the top left corner of the menu bar, followed by ‘About this Mac’. A window will appear showing your computer’s model name – for example, MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016) as seen in the photo below.
Furthermore, how do I find my MacBook Pro model number?
- Find the serial number printed on the underside of your Mac, near the regulatory markings. It’s also on the original packaging, next to a barcode label.
- The original packaging might also show an Apple part number, such as MLH12xx/A (“xx” is a variable that differs by country or region).
You asked, how do I identify my MacBook model?
- On your MacBook, go to the Apple menu (upper-left corner) > About this Mac.
- In the window that pops up, you’ll see a serial number. Highlight it and copy it.
- Head to Apple’s Check Coverage page and paste the serial number.
Also know, how do I find out the specs on my MacBook Pro? Choose Apple menu > About This Mac. This opens an overview of your Mac, including your Mac model, processor, memory, serial number, and version of macOS. To see the greater detail provided by the System Information app, click the System Report button.
Also the question is, how do I know if my MacBook is M1? Apple silicon: If your machine is powered by an M1 chip or another Apple silicon, About This Mac shows an item labeled “Chip”, followed by the name of the Apple chip.MacBook Pro Retina 15″ A1398 – Mid 2015.
How do you find the serial number on a MacBook?
- On the surface of your product.
- On a Mac, by choosing About This Mac from the Apple menu.
- On an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, iPod, or Apple Watch, in Settings > General > About.
- In the Finder or iTunes, if your product syncs with your computer.
How do I find my Mac serial number online?
If you signed into your Mac with an Apple ID account, the serial number is tied to your Apple ID account online. Head to the Apple ID account website and sign in with the Apple ID account you used on the Mac. Click the name of the Mac under “Devices” on the page that appears and you’ll see the Mac’s serial number.
How long does a MacBook Pro last?
According to MacWorld, the average MacBook Pro lasts from five to eight years. Based on OS updates alone, you can see that a Mac typically lasts between eight and 11 years, depending on the model.
What year is a MacBook Pro A1286?
MacBook Pro Unibody 15″ A1286 – Mid 2012.
The Apple menu contains frequently used commands and always appears in the upper-left corner of the screen. To open it, click the Apple icon . App menu. You can have multiple apps and windows open at the same time.
How old is my Mac by serial number?
If you only have the serial number, head to the Apple Check Coverage page. Pop your serial number into the box, enter the captcha to confirm you’re human, and hit the Continue button. You’ll then see the age of your Mac.
How do I know if my MacBook is new or refurbished?
- Locate the MacBook Pro’s serial number.
- Call Apple Store Customer Service at (800) 676-2775.
- Ask the customer service representative to verify if the serial number on your MacBook Pro is from a refurbished model.
Whats is my MAC address?
To Find the MAC Address: Open a Command Prompt -> type ipconfig /all and press Enter-> The Physical Address is the MAC address. Click Start or click in the search box and type cmd. Press Enter, or click on the Command Prompt shortcut.
What year is MacBook Pro model A1502?
MacBook Pro Retina 13″ A1502 – Early 2015.
How do I know if my MacBook Pro is Retina?
Go to Apple logo (top left) > About this Mac. Click on Overview in the panel which comes up and the third line down Macbook Pro (retina). should confirm it.
Which MacBook Pro models have retina display?
Retina screens are standard on the 3rd-generation MacBook Pro and MacBook, released in 2012 and 2015, respectively. Apple implemented a Retina display in the third generation of its entry-level laptop line, the MacBook Air, in 2018.