Find the serial number printed on the underside of your Mac, near the regulatory markings. It’s also on the original packaging, next to a barcode label. You can then enter that serial number on the Check Coverage page to find your model.
Beside above, how do I know what version my MacBook air is? From the Apple menu in the corner of your screen, choose About This Mac. You should see the macOS name, such as macOS Big Sur, followed by its version number. If you need to know the build number as well, click the version number to see it.
Similarly, how do you check what model my MacBook is? Use About This Mac From the Apple menu in the corner of your screen, choose About This Mac. You should see an overview of your Mac, including its model name and serial number.
Correspondingly, how many types of MacBook Air are there? There are now two versions of the Air, both with the same Apple M1 processor. The base model features 7-core graphics with the more expensive model having 8-core graphics. Performance is excellent and is very similar between the models which have 256GB and 512GB of storage respectively.
Also the question is, how long do MacBook Airs last? According to experts, a MacBook Air will last 7 years on average before needing to replace it. If you’re using your Macbook Air for animation, photo editing, or gaming it will likely last a year or two less due to its RAM and storage limitations.
- The latest version of iOS and iPadOS is 15.0.1. Learn how to update the software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- The latest version of macOS is 11.6.
- The latest version of tvOS is 15.
- The latest version of watchOS is 8.
Where do you find the serial number on a MacBook Air?
- Find the serial number printed on the underside of your Mac, near the regulatory markings. It’s also on the original packaging, next to a barcode label.
- The original packaging might also show an Apple part number, such as MQD32xx/A (“xx” is a variable that differs by country or region).
How can I check original MacBook?
- On your MacBook, go to the Apple menu (upper-left corner) > About this Mac.
- In the window that pops up, you’ll see a serial number. Highlight it and copy it.
- Head to Apple’s Check Coverage page and paste the serial number.
How do I restore factory settings on my MacBook air?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
Can I use a 60W charger on MacBook Air?
You can use it. “Power adapters for Apple notebooks are available in 45W, 60W, and 85W varieties. You should use the appropriate wattage power adapter for your Apple notebook. You can use a higher wattage adapter without issue, but doing this won’t make your computer charge faster or operate any differently.
What kind of charger does a MacBook Air use?
Apple chargers for a MacBook Air The newest MacBooks Air models (13-inch, 2018 and later) use a 30W USB-C Power Adapter. The proper Apple MacBook Air charger for models that don’t have Touch ID, as old as mid 2012, is a 45W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter.
What is MacBook Air used for?
The MacBook Air is ideal for business owners and employees who travel frequently. It offers a lightweight, powerful laptop experience. Its improved hardware, slimmed design, impressive security and long-lasting battery make it a great computer.
Is MacBook Air discontinued?
In 2017 the 13-inch model received a processor speed increase from 1.6 GHz to 1.8 GHz and the 11-inch model was discontinued. The 2017 model remained available for sale after Apple launched the next generation in 2018. It was discontinued in July 2019.
Is MacBook Air good for students?
Bottom line. Whether you need a computer for high school or college, the most recent MacBook Air is the best MacBook for students this year. … With the addition of Apple silicon, the MacBook Air is even better by offering much more power and battery life than before.
How do I fix a slow MacBook Air?
- Find and kill resource-consuming processes.
- Check for macOS updates.
- Restart your Mac once in a while.
- Free up space on the startup disk.
- Limit the number of apps running in the background.
- Manage login items on startup.
- Clear cache files on Mac.
- Add more RAM.
Is my MacBook Air too old to update?
Apple said that would run happily on a late 2009 or later MacBook or iMac, or a 2010 or later MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini or Mac Pro. … This means that if your Mac is older than 2012 it won’t officially be able to run Catalina or Mojave.
What should I do when I get a new MacBook Air?
- Back up early and often. Time Machine is foolproof backup software made by Apple, baked right into the Mac.
- Connect to iCloud.
- Use the Help menu.
- Get familiar with the Menu.
- Visit the Mac App Store.
- Set up your email.
- Set up your printer.
- Get to know Spotlight.