- Music, movies, and other media can use a lot of storage space.
- Delete other files that you no longer need by moving them to the Trash, then emptying the Trash.
- Move files to an external storage device.
- Compress files.
Quick Answer, how do I clean my MacBook Pro hard drive?
- Clean up cache. You’ve probably heard “Remove your cache” as a web browser troubleshooting tip.
- Uninstall apps you don’t use.
- Clean out useless duplicates.
- Empty the Trash.
- Reduce clutter.
- Delete large and old files.
- Remove old iOS backups.
- Wipe out Language files.
Additionally, does MacBook Pro Have Disk Cleanup? Disk Cleanup Pro is among the free utilities in the Mac App Store, and others can be found online. As with all maintenance programs, however, read the reviews before you download and back up your Mac before using software intended to automatically delete files on your computer — just in case.
Moreover, how do I clean up my MacBook pro to make it run faster?
- Clean up system files and documents. A clean Mac is a fast Mac.
- Detect & Kill Demanding Processes.
- Speed up startup time: Manage startup programs.
- Remove unused apps.
- Run a macOS system update.
- Upgrade your RAM.
- Swap your HDD for an SSD.
- Reduce Visual Effects.
Amazingly, how do I do a full disk cleanup on my Mac?
- Empty the Trash and Downloads folder.
- Get rid of Time Machine snapshots.
- Delete old iOS and iPadOS backups.
- Uninstall apps you don’t use anymore.
- Upload or export your largest files.
- Find and remove duplicate files.
- Clean up unnecessary system files.
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
How do I defrag my Mac laptop?
- Open Disk Utility (Applications > Utilities).
- Choose your startup disk.
- Click the First Aid tab.
- Click Verify Disk Permissions to check permissions.
- Click Repair Disk Permissions to repair any inconsistent permissions.
How do I clear up disk space?
- Uninstall unnecessary apps and programs.
- Clean your desktop.
- Get rid of monster files.
- Use the Disk Cleanup Tool.
- Discard temporary files.
- Deal with downloads.
- Save to the cloud.
How do I declutter my Mac?
- Organize your Desktop. If my desktop is a mess, my mind is a mess.
- Clear out your downloads folder.
- Review and delete bookmarks.
- Remove large and old files.
- Manage storage.
- Tidy up your emails.
- Clean your System Junk.
- Tidy your login items.
How can I add more GB to my MacBook Pro?
External Storage You can use external storage methods to add storage to your MacBook Pro. The most common way to do this is by using an external hard drive. These drives connect directly to your computer using an appropriate cable and will give you as much extra storage as you want or need.
How do I make my Mac run like new?
- Remove apps you don’t use anymore.
- Free up hard drive space if you have an older Mac.
- Run Monolingual to delete the extra language files you don’t use.
- Buy a solid state drive.
- Close memory-hogging processes.
- The same goes for apps.
- Close unused tabs in your browser.
How do I fix a slow MacBook Pro?
- Find and kill resource-consuming processes.
- Check for macOS updates.
- Restart your Mac once in a while.
- Free up space on the startup disk.
- Limit the number of apps running in the background.
- Manage login items on startup.
- Clear cache files on Mac.
- Add more RAM.
Can you defragment a Mac?
A Mac defrag moves related bits of data on your hard drive together, so files and programs can load faster. Disk defragmentation reorganizes your hard drive’s files to make them easier for your computer to access. But defragging a Mac is rarely needed, because Macs can defrag themselves.
How do I clean up my Mac computer?
First, shut down your Mac and unplug the power cord along with other connected devices. Then use a damp, soft, lint-free cloth to clean the computer’s exterior. Avoid getting moisture in any openings. Don’t spray liquid directly on the computer.
Why is my Mac hard drive full?
The warning message indicating that your startup disk is almost full appears when there is no longer enough free space on your disk. This is often due to having too many files occupying your Mac’s hard drive, bringing free space to a dangerously low level. To resolve this issue, you need to free up some disk space.
How do I repair my Macbook Pro Startup Disk?
- Restart your Mac, and press Command + R, while it’s restarting.
- Select Disk Utility from the macOS Utilities menu. Once Disk Utility has loaded, choose the disk you wish to repair – the default name for your system partition is generally “Macintosh HD”, and choose ‘Repair Disk’.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2020?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.