- Step 1: Backup Your Mac. As noted, we’re going to completely erase everything on the Mac.
- Step 2: Create a Bootable macOS High Sierra Installer.
- Step 3: Erase and Reformat the Mac’s Boot Drive.
- Step 4: Install macOS High Sierra.
- Step 5: Restore Data, Files and Apps.
Amazingly, how do I clean my High Sierra install USB?
- Download macOS High Sierra from the App Store.
- When it’s finished, the installer will launch.
- Plug in the USB stick and launch Disk Utilities.
- Click the Erase tab and make sure Mac OS Extended (Journaled) is selected in the format tab.
- Give the USB stick a name, then click Erase.
As many you asked, how do I wipe and reset my Macbook Pro High Sierra?
- Start up your computer in macOS Recovery:
- In the Recovery app window, select Disk Utility, then click Continue.
- In Disk Utility, select the volume you want to erase in the sidebar, then click Erase in the toolbar.
You asked, how do I reinstall macOS High Sierra on Macbook Pro?
- Back up the Mac before beginning.
- Reboot the Mac and hold down COMMAND + R keys concurrently right after you hear the boot sound, this will boot the Mac into Recovery Mode.
- At the “macOS Utilities” screen choose “Reinstall macOS”
Furthermore, can I delete old install macOS High Sierra? Look for an application called Install macOS Sierra or whichever version of macOS automatically downloaded. … This will delete everything currently in your Mac’s Trash. If you only want to delete the installer, you can select it from the Trash, then right-click the icon to reveal the Delete Immediately…
How do I install macOS Sierra on my Macbook Pro from USB?
- Download the macOS Sierra installer and Disk Creator.
- Insert an 8GB (or larger) flash drive.
- Open Disc Creator and click the “Select the OS X Installer” button.
- Find the Sierra installer file.
- Select your flash drive from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Create Installer.”
How do I wipe my MacBook Pro 2020?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
How do you hard reset a MacBook pro?
- To force a restart your MacBook, you need to press and hold down the Command (⌘) button, the Control (Ctrl) key, and the power button at the same time.
- Hold these keys down until your MacBook’s screen goes blank and the computer restarts itself.
How do you restore a MacBook Pro?
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
Does installing macOS High Sierra delete everything?
No. Generally speaking, upgrading to a subsequent major release of macOS doesn’t erase/touch user data. Pre-installed apps and configurations too survive the upgrade. Upgrading macOS is a common practise and carried out by lot of users every year when a new major version is released.
How do I restore my Mac to High Sierra?
Hold down Command+Option+Shift+R to boot into recovery mode. Note, you can also boot into Recovery mode by pressing Command+R. However, adding Option+Shift will allow you to reinstall High Sierra, if your Mac came with it installed.
How do I restore my High Sierra Mac?
Enter Recovery (either by pressing Command+R on an Intel Mac or by pressing and holding the power button on a M1 Mac) A macOS Utilities window will open, on which you will see the options to Restore From Time Machine Backup, Reinstall macOS [version], Safari (or Get Help Online in older versions) and Disk Utility.
Can I delete High Sierra If I have Mojave?
To reinstall macOS High Sierra you need to download it from the Mac App Store. Do this as soon as possible because once the final version of macOS Mojave is released, High Sierra will be pulled from the App Store, as Sierra was. Note: While Apple has removed the macOS Sierra installer from the Mac App Store.
Is it safe to delete install macOS Catalina?
If you only downloaded it, you can drag the installer into the trash and delete it. Once the installer has done its job and Catalina is installed, it deletes itself. You’re welcome!
What does macOS High Sierra do?
macOS High Sierra includes Safari 11. Safari 11 has a new “Intelligent Tracking Prevention” feature that uses machine learning to block third parties from tracking the user’s actions. Safari can also block auto playing videos from playing. The “Reader Mode” can be set to always-on.
How do you restore a Mac to factory settings?
Factory reset You need to put your MacBook ($498 at Amazon) into Recovery Mode in order to erase all of your data and reinstall MacOS. To enter Recovery Mode on an Intel-based Mac, restart it and immediately press and hold Command-R. You can release the keys once you see the Apple logo.