- Step 1: Format the external drive.
- Step 2a: Get the macOS install file.
- Step 2b: Get the install file for an older version of macOS.
- Step 3: Create a bootable USB disk.
- Step 4: Wipe your Mac.
Similarly, how do I clean and reinstall Mac?
- Start up your computer in macOS Recovery:
- In the Recovery app window, select Disk Utility, then click Continue.
- In Disk Utility, select the volume you want to erase in the sidebar, then click Erase in the toolbar.
Additionally, how do I completely clean my MacBook Pro?
- Turn your Mac computer off.
- Press the power button to turn it on, then immediately press and hold Command (⌘) + R.
- After a few moments, the macOS Utilities window should appear — this is known as Recovery Mode.
- Select “Disk Utility” and click “Continue.”
Best answer for this question, how do I do a clean install of macOS Big Sur?
- Be certain you have made a full backup fo the Mac.
- Connect the MacOS Big Sur USB installer drive to a USB port on the Mac.
- Shutdown the Mac or reboot.
- Next, boot into Recovery Mode, which differs depending on if it’s an Intel Mac or Apple Silicon Mac:
Furthermore, how do I wipe my MacBook pro clean and start over? Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
Does reinstalling Mac delete everything?
macOS Reinstallation Deletes Everything, What Can I Do Reinstalling macOS of macOS Recovery can help you replace the current problematic OS with a clean version quickly and easily. Technically speaking, simply reinstalling macOS won’t erase your disk either delete files.
How do I clear everything off my Mac?
How do I wipe my Mac base system?
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up.
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.
How do you hard reset a MacBook pro?
- To force a restart your MacBook, you need to press and hold down the Command (⌘) button, the Control (Ctrl) key, and the power button at the same time.
- Hold these keys down until your MacBook’s screen goes blank and the computer restarts itself.
How do I factory reset my Macbook Pro with USB?
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2020?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
How do I reset my Mac without losing everything?
Step 1: Hold the Command + R keys until the MacBook’s utility window hasn’t opened. Step 2: Select Disk Utility and click on Continue. Step 4: Select the format as MAC OS Extended (Journaled) and click on Erase. Step 5: Wait till the MacBook is completely reset and then go back to the Disk Utility’s main window.
How do I do a factory reset?
- Tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Backup and reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset Device.
- Tap Erase Everything.
Do Macs have System Restore?
Unfortunately, Mac does not provide a system restore option like its Windows counterpart. However, if you are using Mac OS X as well as an external drive or AirPort Time Capsule, a built-in back up feature called Time Machine may help you achieve your ends.
Will a factory reset remove viruses Mac?
If your PC, Mac, iPhone or Android smartphone becomes infected by a virus, a factory reset is one way of potentially removing it. However, a factory reset should always be approached with caution. You will lose all your data. … It does remove viruses and malware, but not in 100% of cases.
How do you restore Internet on a Mac?
- Shut down your Mac.
- Hold down Command-Option/Alt-R and press the Power button.
- Hold down those keys until you a spinning globe and the message “Starting Internet Recovery.
- The message will be replaced with a progress bar.
- Wait for the MacOS Utilities screen to appear.