Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This will clear user settings from the memory and restore certain security features that may have been altered previously.
Also, how do I clean my Mac before resale?
- Step 1: Back up your Mac. If you already have your new Mac on hand, you can transfer all of your data from your old Mac or use an older Time Machine backup.
- Step 2: Sign out of everything.
- Step 3: Unpair your Bluetooth devices.
- Step 4: Erase your hard drive.
Similarly, how do I restore my Mac Air to factory settings?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
Best answer for this question, how do you wipe clean a MacBook Air?
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up.
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.
Moreover, how do you make sure your Mac is backed up? Make sure your Mac Pro is on the same Wi-Fi network as your external storage device, or connect the storage device to your Mac Pro. Open System Preferences, click Time Machine, then select Back Up Automatically. Select the drive you want to use for backup, and you’re all set.Just shut down your Mac, and then turn it back on. As soon as you hit the power button, hold down Option + Command + P + R on the keyboard. You can release the keys after about 20 seconds. Once done, your final step is to erase the hard drive and reinstall macOS.
How do you hard reset a MacBook?
How do I reset a MacBook Air 2020?
Press and hold down the Command (⌘) and Control (Ctrl) keys along with the power button (or the Touch ID / Eject button, depending on the Mac model) until the screen goes blank and the machine restarts.
How do I restore my MacBook Air to factory settings without CD?
How do I restore my MacBook Air 2011 to factory settings?
How do I delete a Mac user account?
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups. Open Users & Groups preferences for me.
- Select the user or group you want to delete, then click the Remove button (looks like a minus sign) below the list of users.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Delete User.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Air 2021?
How long should a Mac backup take?
Preparing backup shouldn’t take more than 5 or 10 minutes if your Mac is new and you barely have anything on it.
Does Apple Time Machine backup photos?
Use Time Machine: After you set up Time Machine, it automatically backs up the files on your Mac. … If you ever lose the files in your Photos library, you can restore them from the Time Machine backup.
Can I backup Mac to Google Drive?
Following a two-week delay, Google Inc.’s new Backup and Sync tool, which launched last month, is now available to download for Mac and Windows users. The new tool allows users to back up all their files and folders from a Mac or personal computer to their Google Drive account.
How do I reset my Mac desktop to factory settings?
To reset your Mac, first restart your computer. Then press and hold Command + R until you see the Apple logo. Next, go to Disk Utility > View > View all devices, and choose the top drive. Next, click Erase, fill out the required details, and hit Erase again.
How do I do a hard reset on a MacBook Pro?
- To force a restart your MacBook, you need to press and hold down the Command (⌘) button, the Control (Ctrl) key, and the power button at the same time.
- Hold these keys down until your MacBook’s screen goes blank and the computer restarts itself.