Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
Amazingly, how do I restore a macbook to factory settings?
Best answer for this question, how do I wipe my macbook pro like new? Go to Settings > System > Reset or System > General > Reset on 3rd gen and previous devices. 3. Select “Reset” if you just want to erase your data, and “Reset and Update” if you want to bring your Apple TV’s software up to date after you wipe it. 4.
Likewise, how do I reinstall my Mac for a new user?
- Restart your Mac.
- While the startup disc is waking up, hold down the Command+R keys simultaneously.
- Click on Reinstall macOS (or Reinstall OS X where applicable) to reinstall the operating system that came with your Mac.
- Click on Continue.
You asked, what is the best way to clean up a Macbook Pro?
- Clean up cache. You’ve probably heard “Remove your cache” as a web browser troubleshooting tip.
- Uninstall apps you don’t use.
- Clean out useless duplicates.
- Empty the Trash.
- Reduce clutter.
- Delete large and old files.
- Remove old iOS backups.
- Wipe out Language files.
- Tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Backup and reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset Device.
- Tap Erase Everything.
How do you delete everything off a Mac?
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up.
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2011?
To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it!
How do I uninstall an application on my MacBook Pro?
- Locate the app in the Finder.
- Drag the app to the Trash, or select the app and choose File > Move to Trash.
- If you’re asked for a user name and password, enter the name and password of an administrator account on your Mac.
- To delete the app, choose Finder > Empty Trash.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2010?
As it’s loading hold the Command button and the R key. Something will come up called OS X Utilities. Click on Disk Utility and click on “Mac OS Extended”. Then, click Erase.
How do you make sure your Mac is backed up?
Make sure your Mac Pro is on the same Wi-Fi network as your external storage device, or connect the storage device to your Mac Pro. Open System Preferences, click Time Machine, then select Back Up Automatically. Select the drive you want to use for backup, and you’re all set.
How do I delete a Mac user account?
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups. Open Users & Groups preferences for me.
- Select the user or group you want to delete, then click the Remove button (looks like a minus sign) below the list of users.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Delete User.
How do I bypass Internet Recovery on Mac?
Answer: A: Restart the computer holding down the command – option/alt – P – R keys before the gray screen appears. Continue to hold until you hear the startup chime for the second time. Try a SMC reset.
Can I use alcohol wipes to clean my laptop screen?
All electronics should be unplugged, which includes your monitor. … Never spray alcohol or another liquid directly on your computer or laptop screen. Use another clean microfiber cloth with a small amount of 70%+ Isopropyl Alcohol or a 70%+ alcohol cleaning wipe. Wipe down your entire screen and be sure to get the edges.
How do I clean my Mac for free?
- Clean User Cache. Go to /Library/Caches and selectively delete or delete all the files and then empty your trash bin.
- Clean System Logs.
- Remove Mail Attachments.
- Remove old iOS data.
- Remove incomplete downloads on iTunes.
- Empty Trash Bin.
- Remove Malware.
- Remove Browser Cache.
How do I clean up my Mac to make it run faster?
- Clean up system files and documents. A clean Mac is a fast Mac.
- Detect & Kill Demanding Processes.
- Speed up startup time: Manage startup programs.
- Remove unused apps.
- Run a macOS system update.
- Upgrade your RAM.
- Swap your HDD for an SSD.
- Reduce Visual Effects.