When cleaning the outside of your MacBook, MacBook Pro, or MacBook Air, first shut down your computer and unplug the power adapter. Then use a damp, soft, lint-free cloth to clean the computer’s exterior. Avoid getting moisture in any openings.
Furthermore, how do you clean out your Mac to make it run faster?
- Clean up system files and documents. A clean Mac is a fast Mac.
- Detect & Kill Demanding Processes.
- Speed up startup time: Manage startup programs.
- Remove unused apps.
- Run a macOS system update.
- Upgrade your RAM.
- Swap your HDD for an SSD.
- Reduce Visual Effects.
Additionally, how do I completely clean my MacBook Pro?
- Turn your Mac computer off.
- Press the power button to turn it on, then immediately press and hold Command (⌘) + R.
- After a few moments, the macOS Utilities window should appear — this is known as Recovery Mode.
- Select “Disk Utility” and click “Continue.”
Moreover, how do I make my Mac run like new?
- Remove apps you don’t use anymore.
- Free up hard drive space if you have an older Mac.
- Run Monolingual to delete the extra language files you don’t use.
- Buy a solid state drive.
- Close memory-hogging processes.
- The same goes for apps.
- Close unused tabs in your browser.
Also, how do I deep clean my Mac?
- Step One: Update your software.
- Step Two: Tidy up your start up.
- Step Three: Clean out unused apps.
- Step Four: Clean out the downloads folder.
- Step Five: Tidy up your storage disk.
- Step Six: Clean out the cache.
- Step 7: Remove resource-hungry programs.
- Step 8: Take out the trash.
- 1 How do you hard reset a MacBook pro?
- 2 How do I return my Mac to factory settings?
- 3 How do I clean up my MacBook like new?
- 4 What should I do with my old MacBook?
- 5 How do you keep your Mac healthy?
- 6 Is Clean My Mac worth buying?
- 7 How do I clean my Mac for free?
- 8 How do I clean my Macbook Pro screen without streaks?
- 9 How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2020?
- 10 How long does it take to erase Mac hard drive?
- 11 How do I manually restart my MacBook pro?
How do you hard reset a MacBook pro?
- To force a restart your MacBook, you need to press and hold down the Command (⌘) button, the Control (Ctrl) key, and the power button at the same time.
- Hold these keys down until your MacBook’s screen goes blank and the computer restarts itself.
How do I return my Mac to factory settings?
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
How do I clean up my MacBook like new?
- Use only a soft, lint-free cloth.
- Avoid excessive wiping, which might cause damage.
- Unplug all external power sources, devices, and cables.
- Keep liquids away from the product, unless otherwise noted for specific products.
- Don’t get moisture into any openings.
What should I do with my old MacBook?
If you’re not ready to make a purchase, you can trade in your old device online for an Apple Gift Card via email that you can apply to any future Apple purchase. And no matter how you use Apple Trade In, if your device has no trade-in value, you can always recycle it responsibly for free.
How do you keep your Mac healthy?
- Backup your data regularly.
- Cut down on utilities and services that run in the background.
- Install anti-malware software.
- Clean out your old files.
- Run Disk Utility.
- Keep your desktop clean.
- Update software (but maybe not right away)
Is Clean My Mac worth buying?
The short answer is YES, you need. When you use browsers like Google Chrome, it will still create cache files and store web cookies on your system. When you uninstall some programs from your Mac, some files may remain on your system. Together, these issues can take up the storage space and performance of your Mac.
How do I clean my Mac for free?
- Clean User Cache. Go to /Library/Caches and selectively delete or delete all the files and then empty your trash bin.
- Clean System Logs.
- Remove Mail Attachments.
- Remove old iOS data.
- Remove incomplete downloads on iTunes.
- Empty Trash Bin.
- Remove Malware.
- Remove Browser Cache.
How do I clean my Macbook Pro screen without streaks?
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2020?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
How long does it take to erase Mac hard drive?
The erase progress box indicated that the erase would take 1 hour and 30 minutes.
How do I manually restart my MacBook pro?
- Easiest way: Go to the Apple menu and select Restart.
- From the keyboard: Hold down Control + Command + power button/eject button/Touch ID sensor.
- To force restart a MacBook Pro: Hold down the power button or Control + Option + Command + power/eject button.