Also, How do I get rid of other storage on my iPhone without resetting it?
You asked, How do I delete other storage?
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Scroll down and find the Storage option.
- Under Storage, the UI may be different for different Android phone, but you can tap on any item to find more info about its content, and then can selectively delete stuff.
In this regard, Why is my other storage full on iPhone? The other storage category is mostly filled with cache and system files created by Safari, the Mail app, and iOS itself. Here’s how to clean up a significant portion of your other storage files on your iPhone.
People ask also, What is taking up the most space on my iPhone? First thing: Find out what’s taking up the most space on your phone. You may have some unexpected storage hogs. Open the Settings app then go to General > Usage > Manage Storage. At the top, you‘ll see how much space you‘ve used and how much you have available.
- 1 Why is other taking up all my storage?
- 2 Does resetting iPhone delete other storage?
- 3 How do I free up space on my iPhone without deleting apps?
- 4 How do I increase storage space on my iPhone?
- 5 Why is iPhone storage full when I have iCloud?
- 6 What should I delete when my iPhone storage is full?
- 7 How do I clear my iPhone storage quickly?
- 8 Why is my phone using so much storage?
- 9 Do text messages take up space?
- 10 Can you buy device storage for iPhone?
- 11 How can I get more space on my phone without deleting everything?
Why is other taking up all my storage?
All this content (referred to as a “cache”) needs to be stored somewhere and it rapidly fills up your device. This cached content extends to a wide range of applications including your web browser (such as Safari, Chrome or Firefox) and apps like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok.
Does resetting iPhone delete other storage?
Factory Reset Your iPhone It will clear all the clutter and junk files stored on the device and free up space. Simply navigate to Settings > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings. Do create a backup first so you don’t lose your precious data.
How do I free up space on my iPhone without deleting apps?
- Delete iMessage attachment files.
- Disable Photo Stream.
- Turn off sharing photos in iCloud.
- Disable saving duplicate photos when shooting in HDR.
- Delete “Burst Mode” photos.
- Delete duplicate photos on iPhone.
- Clear Safari cache.
- Clean up iBooks, Videos and Podcasts content.
How do I increase storage space on my iPhone?
- Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Manage Storage or iCloud Storage.
- Tap Buy More Storage or Change Storage Plan.
- Choose a plan and follow the onscreen instructions.
Why is iPhone storage full when I have iCloud?
Backups of your devices are often the culprits behind a full iCloud storage space. It’s entirely possible you had your old iPhone set to upload backups to the cloud automatically, and then never removed those files. … To get rid of these files, open up iCloud from the Settings app (iOS) or System Preferences app (MacOS).
What should I delete when my iPhone storage is full?
- TIP #1: Delete unused apps.
- Tip #2: Delete preinstalled apps data.
- Tip #3: Find out which apps are taking up the most space.
- Tip #4: Mass purge old conversations.
- Tip #5: Turn off Photo Stream.
- Tip #6: Don’t keep HDR photos.
- Tip #7: Listen to your music with pCloud.
How do I clear my iPhone storage quickly?
- Find out which apps you use the least and get rid of them.
- Keep your photos and videos in the cloud.
- Let your iPhone manage storage for you.
- Delete music you don’t listen to.
- Delete old videos you’ve from Netflix.
- Clear out old iMessage clutter.
Why is my phone using so much storage?
Android phones and tablets can fill up quickly as you download apps, add media files like music and movies, and cache data for use offline. Many lower-end devices may only include a few gigabytes of storage, making this even more of a problem.
Do text messages take up space?
When you send and receive text messages, your phone automatically stores them for safe keeping. If these texts contain images or videos, they can take up a considerable amount of space. … Both Apple and Android phones allow you to auto-delete old messages.
Can you buy device storage for iPhone?
When you buy your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, it comes with a set storage capacity. … When your device is full, you can’t increase its storage. But you can free up space.
How can I get more space on my phone without deleting everything?
In the app’s Application info menu, tap Storage and then tap Clear Cache to clear the app’s cache. To clear cached data from all apps, go to Settings > Storage and tap Cached data to clear the caches of all the apps on your phone.