- Turn your Mac computer off.
- Press the power button to turn it on, then immediately press and hold Command (⌘) + R.
- After a few moments, the macOS Utilities window should appear — this is known as Recovery Mode.
- Select “Disk Utility” and click “Continue.”
Subsequently, how do I restore my MacBook to factory?
Beside above, how do you completely clean a Mac?
Likewise, how do I wipe my MacBook pro clean and start over? Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
Also the question is, how do I do a hard reset on a MacBook Pro?
- To force a restart your MacBook, you need to press and hold down the Command (⌘) button, the Control (Ctrl) key, and the power button at the same time.
- Hold these keys down until your MacBook’s screen goes blank and the computer restarts itself.
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
- 1 How do I delete a Mac user account?
- 2 How do I wipe my Mac without a password?
- 3 How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2010?
- 4 How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2011?
- 5 How do I do a factory reset?
- 6 How do I manually restart my MacBook pro?
- 7 How do I fix unresponsive MacBook Pro?
- 8 How do I force my MacBook Pro to restart without the power button?
- 9 How long does it take to factory reset MacBook pro?
- 10 How do I restore laptop to factory settings?
- 11 How do I shutdown my MacBook pro?
How do I delete a Mac user account?
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups. Open Users & Groups preferences for me.
- Select the user or group you want to delete, then click the Remove button (looks like a minus sign) below the list of users.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Delete User.
How do I wipe my Mac without a password?
First you’ll need to turn off your Mac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterwards you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2010?
As it’s loading hold the Command button and the R key. Something will come up called OS X Utilities. Click on Disk Utility and click on “Mac OS Extended”. Then, click Erase.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2011?
To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it!
How do I do a factory reset?
- Tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Backup and reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset Device.
- Tap Erase Everything.
How do I manually restart my MacBook pro?
How to Force Restart Your Mac. Press and hold down the Command (⌘) and Control (Ctrl) keys along with the power button (or the Touch ID / Eject button, depending on the Mac model) until the screen goes blank and the machine restarts.
How do I fix unresponsive MacBook Pro?
Restart. If Force Quit doesn’t bail you out, try rebooting the computer. If a frozen Mac prevents you from clicking the Restart command on the Apple menu, hold down the power button for several seconds or press the Control+Command keys and then press the power button.
All it takes to force a restart of a frozen MacBook Pro with Touch Bar is to press down on the Touch ID button until the device reboots.
How long does it take to factory reset MacBook pro?
I’d estimate anywhere from 1 to 5 hours would be the norm but it’s possible for it to take up to 12 hours. Make sure you erase everything securely before selling it so the buyer can’t recover your saved passwords.
How do I restore laptop to factory settings?
To begin, in the Start menu, click Settings, and then click Update & Security. In the resulting Update & Security window, click Recovery in the left pane. Under Reset this PC in the right pane click Get Started. In the following screen, choose either Keep my Files, Remove Everything, or Restore Factory Settings.
How do I shutdown my MacBook pro?
- Choose the Apple key→Shut Down. A dialog box appears, asking whether you’re sure you want to shut down.
- Press Control+Eject (or press the power button). When a dialog box appears, click the Shut Down button.
- Press and hold the power button to force your Mac to shut down.