As many you asked, how do you completely wipe out a MacBook Pro? Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
Additionally, how do I wipe my Mac completely clean?
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up.
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.
Also, how do I delete a Mac user account?
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups. Open Users & Groups preferences for me.
- Select the user or group you want to delete, then click the Remove button (looks like a minus sign) below the list of users.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Delete User.
Quick Answer, how do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2010? As it’s loading hold the Command button and the R key. Something will come up called OS X Utilities. Click on Disk Utility and click on “Mac OS Extended”. Then, click Erase.
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
- 1 How do I restore my MacBook Air 2011 to factory settings?
- 2 How do I factory reset my iMac 2011?
- 3 How do I delete administrator on MacBook?
- 4 Why can’t I delete admin account on Mac?
- 5 How do I delete user?
- 6 How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2012 without a disk?
- 7 How do I factory reset my Mac desktop 2012?
- 8 How long does it take to factory reset MacBook pro?
- 9 How do I restore laptop to factory settings?
- 10 How do I reboot my MacBook Pro 2011?
- 11 How do I do a factory reset?
How do I restore my MacBook Air 2011 to factory settings?
How do I factory reset my iMac 2011?
Restart your iMac by clicking the Apple menu, then select Restart…. Click the Restart button when the dialog box appears. After the iMac shuts down completely but before it begins to restart, hold down the Command (⌘) and R keys at the same time.
How do I delete administrator on MacBook?
- Locate Users & Groups on the bottom left.
- Select the padlock icon.
- Enter your password.
- Select the admin user on the left and then select the minus icon near the bottom.
- Choose an option from the list and then select Delete User.
Why can’t I delete admin account on Mac?
Open the Users & Groups pane of System Preferences, unlock it, select that account, and push the – button. If you’re using Fast User Switching, you need to log out of the account you want to delete.
How do I delete user?
- Open the Activities overview and start typing Users.
- Click Users to open the panel.
- Press Unlock in the top right corner and type in your password when prompted.
- Select the user that you want to delete and press the – button, below the list of accounts on the left, to delete that user account.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2012 without a disk?
How do I factory reset my Mac desktop 2012?
Restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the COMMAND and R keys until the menu screen appears. Alternatively, restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the OPTION key until the boot manager screen appears. Select the Recovery HD and click on the downward pointing arrow button.
How long does it take to factory reset MacBook pro?
I’d estimate anywhere from 1 to 5 hours would be the norm but it’s possible for it to take up to 12 hours. Make sure you erase everything securely before selling it so the buyer can’t recover your saved passwords.
How do I restore laptop to factory settings?
To begin, in the Start menu, click Settings, and then click Update & Security. In the resulting Update & Security window, click Recovery in the left pane. Under Reset this PC in the right pane click Get Started. In the following screen, choose either Keep my Files, Remove Everything, or Restore Factory Settings.
How do I reboot my MacBook Pro 2011?
Press and hold down the Command (⌘) and Control (Ctrl) keys along with the power button (or the Touch ID / Eject button, depending on the Mac model) until the screen goes blank and the machine restarts.
How do I do a factory reset?
- 1 Tap Settings
- 2 Tap General Management.
- 3 Tap Reset.
- 4 Tap Factory data reset.
- 5 Tap RESET.
- 6 Tap DELETE ALL. Please be patient as phone resetting takes some time.
- 1 Tap Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.
- 2 Tap Factory data reset > Reset Device > Erase Everything.