To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it! Your Mac’s NVRAM has been reset.
In this regard, how do I erase everything on my Mac and start over?
You asked, how do I do a complete factory reset on my MacBook Pro?
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
Moreover, how do I restore my MacBook Air 2011 to factory settings?
Beside above, how do I wipe my Mac clean? Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.As it’s loading hold the Command button and the R key. Something will come up called OS X Utilities. Click on Disk Utility and click on “Mac OS Extended”. Then, click Erase.
- 1 How do I do a factory reset?
- 2 How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2012?
- 3 How do I wipe and reset my MacBook Air 2011?
- 4 How do I restore my MacBook Pro 2011 to factory settings without CD?
- 5 How do I delete a Mac user account?
- 6 How do I reset my Mac desktop to factory settings?
- 7 How do I restore my MacBook Pro 2010 to factory settings without CD?
- 8 What does a factory Reset erase?
- 9 How do I restore laptop to factory settings?
- 10 What are the disadvantages of factory Reset?
- 11 How do I reset my MacBook Pro 2011 High Sierra?
How do I do a factory reset?
- 1 Tap Settings
- 2 Tap General Management.
- 3 Tap Reset.
- 4 Tap Factory data reset.
- 5 Tap RESET.
- 6 Tap DELETE ALL. Please be patient as phone resetting takes some time.
- 1 Tap Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.
- 2 Tap Factory data reset > Reset Device > Erase Everything.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2012?
To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it!
How do I wipe and reset my MacBook Air 2011?
Boot from the Recovery HD by restarting the computer and after the chime press and hold down the COMMAND and “R” keys until the computer starts from the Recovery HD. Select Disk Utility from the main menu and click on the Continue button.
How do I restore my MacBook Pro 2011 to factory settings without CD?
- Set the MacBook Pro to restart.
- Select “Disk Utility” from the next screen and click “Continue.” Choose your hard drive in the list and click “Erase.”
- Click the “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)” option in the new dialog.
How do I delete a Mac user account?
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups. Open Users & Groups preferences for me.
- Select the user or group you want to delete, then click the Remove button (looks like a minus sign) below the list of users.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Delete User.
How do I reset my Mac desktop to factory settings?
To reset your Mac, first restart your computer. Then press and hold Command + R until you see the Apple logo. Next, go to Disk Utility > View > View all devices, and choose the top drive. Next, click Erase, fill out the required details, and hit Erase again.
How do I restore my MacBook Pro 2010 to factory settings without CD?
What does a factory Reset erase?
What is a factory reset? A factory reset erases all of the information on an electronic device and restores the software to its original state (when it was in the factory). On your phone or desktop computer, this means all your apps and files will be removed.
How do I restore laptop to factory settings?
To begin, in the Start menu, click Settings, and then click Update & Security. In the resulting Update & Security window, click Recovery in the left pane. Under Reset this PC in the right pane click Get Started. In the following screen, choose either Keep my Files, Remove Everything, or Restore Factory Settings.
What are the disadvantages of factory Reset?
But if we reset our device because we noticed that its snappiness has slowed down, the biggest drawback is the loss of data, so it is essential to backup all your data, contacts, photos, videos, files, music, before resetting.
How do I reset my MacBook Pro 2011 High Sierra?
Hold down Command-R as you turn on or restart your Mac. Release the keys when the Apple logo appears. This will boot Recovery Mode locally. When the main Utilities window appears, select Restore from Time Machine.