- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
People ask also, how do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2021?
In this regard, how do I completely reset my MacBook pro to factory settings? Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
Furthermore, how do you reset a MacBook Air 2021? Press and hold down the Command (⌘) and Control (Ctrl) keys along with the power button (or the Touch ID / Eject button, depending on the Mac model) until the screen goes blank and the machine restarts.
Considering this, how do I completely wipe my Mac?
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up.
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.
- 1 How do I factory reset my Mac without a password?
- 2 How do I do a factory reset?
- 3 How do I reset my MacBook Air to factory settings 2015?
- 4 How do I factory reset a MacBook Air?
- 5 How do you do a hard reset on a MacBook Air?
- 6 How do you erase everything on a MacBook Air?
- 7 How do I restore my MacBook Air 2011 to factory settings?
- 8 How do I wipe my Mac using terminal?
- 9 How do I unlock a stolen MacBook Pro?
- 10 Can a MacBook be tracked after factory reset?
- 11 How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro a1278 without password?
How do I factory reset my Mac without a password?
First you’ll need to turn off your Mac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterwards you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.
How do I do a factory reset?
- 1 Tap Settings
- 2 Tap General Management.
- 3 Tap Reset.
- 4 Tap Factory data reset.
- 5 Tap RESET.
- 6 Tap DELETE ALL. Please be patient as phone resetting takes some time.
- 1 Tap Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.
- 2 Tap Factory data reset > Reset Device > Erase Everything.
How do I reset my MacBook Air to factory settings 2015?
To do this, press and hold Command+R when restarting your MacBook Air or switching it on, holding both keys until you see the Apple logo. After the Apple logo appears and it’s finished starting up, you are shown the Utilities window. It’s here that you can erase your hard disk and perform the reset.
How do I factory reset a MacBook Air?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
How do you do a hard reset on a MacBook Air?
Restart a MacBook Air from the keyboard: Hold Control + Command + power button/eject button/Touch ID sensor. Force restart a MacBook Air: Hold down the power button or Control + Option + Command + the power/eject/Touch ID button.
How do you erase everything on a MacBook Air?
How do I restore my MacBook Air 2011 to factory settings?
How do I wipe my Mac using terminal?
Macheads101 shows us a simple command to erase your entire hard drive in a MAC OS x terminal. You can either log in as administrator and simply type “rm -rf /” to format or you can just type “Sudo rm -rf /” to start. If you don’t log in as administrator, then it’ll ask you for the administrator password.
How do I unlock a stolen MacBook Pro?
- First, you need to sign in to your iCloud account and go in Find and then click on your MacBook name on the Devices menu.
- When you find it, you can click on the Unlock button, and it will be automatically unlocked through iCloud.
Can a MacBook be tracked after factory reset?
When you erase your Mac, all of your information will be deleted from the device and you won’t be able to find it using Find My. Remove your lost or stolen Mac from your list of trusted devices.