- Plug it in.
- Press the power button.
- Choose your country.
- Choose your keyboard.
- Connect to Wi-Fi.
- Migrate your stuff.
- Set up iCloud.
- Agree to terms and conditions.
Similarly, how do I check my MacBook configuration?
- Click the Apple icon and choose About This Mac.
- The Overview tab will provide the operating system version, processor, and memory information.
Additionally, what is the preferred way to configure a Mac computer?
- Press the Power button on your Mac to turn it on.
- Select a language.
- Click Continue.
- Select a keyboard layout.
- Click Continue.
- Select your Wi-Fi network.
- Enter your Wi-Fi password if you are using Wi-Fi.
- Click Continue.
Also know, how do I configure display on Mac? You can arrange your displays in any configuration to create an extended desktop. For example, you can set your displays side by side to create one large continuous desktop. On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Displays, then click Arrangement. Follow the onscreen instructions.
Moreover, how do I find the settings on my MacBook air? Choose Apple menu > About This Mac. This opens an overview of your Mac, including your Mac model, processor, memory, serial number, and version of macOS. To see the greater detail provided by the System Information app, click the System Report button.
- Launch CleanMyMac X.
- Choose System Junk in the sidebar.
- Press Scan.
- Once it’s finished, if you’re happy to remove the files CleanMyMac recommends, press Clean.
- If not, choose Review Details and go through the list of results.
- Uncheck the box next to any items you don’t want to delete.
- 1 What should I do when I get a new MacBook?
- 2 How do you get to System Preferences on a Mac keyboard?
- 3 How do I restore factory settings on my MacBook air?
- 4 Can you convert Thunderbolt to HDMI?
- 5 How do I make my Mac only show external monitor?
- 6 How do I resize my external monitor Mac?
- 7 How do you know what generation your MacBook air is?
- 8 How do you check RAM on a Mac?
- 9 How do you check your memory on a Mac?
- 10 How do I reduce my system storage?
- 11 How do I clear my system storage?
What should I do when I get a new MacBook?
How do you get to System Preferences on a Mac keyboard?
Open System Preferences using Keyboard Shortcuts: On your keyboard use ALT + F2, which opens up the Display system pane. Then use CMD + L, which will change from the Display system pane to the main System Preferences.
How do I restore factory settings on my MacBook air?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
Can you convert Thunderbolt to HDMI?
To use it, simply plug in the Sonnet Thunderbolt 3 to Dual HDMI 2.0 Adapter into one of your computer’s Thunderbolt 3 ports, and then connect HDMI cables (sold separately) between the adapter and your monitors. Your computer powers the Sonnet adapter, so there’s no need to connect an additional power supply.
How do I make my Mac only show external monitor?
- Click the “System Preferences” icon and click “Displays.” Choose your external monitor from the display preferences to customize its settings.
- Click the “Display” tab to select your desired screen resolution from the list of options.
How do I resize my external monitor Mac?
On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Displays, then click Display. Press and hold the Option key while you click Scaled to see additional resolutions for the second display. Select a scaled resolution option for the second display.
How do you know what generation your MacBook air is?
- Find the serial number printed on the underside of your Mac, near the regulatory markings. It’s also on the original packaging, next to a barcode label.
- The original packaging might also show an Apple part number, such as MQD32xx/A (“xx” is a variable that differs by country or region).
How do you check RAM on a Mac?
- Click the Apple icon in the top-left hand corner of your screen, and select “About This Mac.”
- The window that opens will show you your computer’s stats. Next to “Memory,” you’ll see how much RAM your computer has. You can quickly check your memory amount from this menu.
How do you check your memory on a Mac?
You can see the amount of system memory being used on your Mac. In the Activity Monitor app on your Mac, click Memory (or use the Touch Bar) to see the following in the bottom of the window: Memory Pressure: Graphically represents how efficiently your memory is serving your processing needs.
How do I reduce my system storage?
- Back up your device.
- Tap iCloud backup.
- And tap Back Up Now.
- Wait until backup is completed before moving the next step.
- The next step is to delete all content and settings.
- Now tap Settings > General > Reset and Erase All Content and Settings.
- This may take a few minutes and your phone or iPad.
How do I clear my system storage?
- Open your Android phone’s Settings app.
- Go to the Apps (or Apps and Notifications) settings.
- Make sure All apps is selected.
- Tap on the app you wish to clean.
- Select Clear Cache and Clear Data to remove the temporary data.