- Launch the Sonos Controller app from your dock or from the Finder.
- Click Next on the welcome screen.
- Click Connect to Existing System.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Click Next on the “Connected” screen.
- Choose whether or not you’d like to set up your music library.
Moreover, why won’t my Mac connect to Sonos? Make sure you’re connected to the right Wi-Fi network Go to the Wi-Fi settings on your computer, phone, or tablet, and confirm it is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as Sonos. Check that your device isn’t connected to a guest network as this can prevent your device from connecting to Sonos.
Amazingly, is there a Sonos app for iMac? Sonos 3.7 for Mac is a free download available on Sonos’ website; it requires Mac OS X 10.6 or higher. The iOS app is available for free from the App Store and is compatible with iOS devices running iOS 3.0 or later.
Likewise, how do I connect Sonos to my computer? Once you get the Sonos Port, you need to wire the laptop or desktop you’re using to the line-in input on the Port. This will link your computer’s audio to the Sonos app; now, open the Sonos app, go to Settings, Room Settings and then choose the Sonos speakers you want to use as your new computer speakers.
Furthermore, how do I transfer music from iMac to Sonos?
- Open the Sonos app for macOS or Windows.
- From the Manage menu, select Music Library Settings.
- Click + (plus) on macOS, or Add if you are using Windows.
- If you use iTunes or are not sure where your music is stored, select My Music folder.
- Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
- From the Settings tab, tap System > Add Product.
- Follow the steps in the app to connect Sonos One to your Sonos system.
How do I connect my Sonos roam Bluetooth?
- Open the Bluetooth settings on your phone.
- Press the power button on the Sonos Roam.
- A white LED light will start to flash above the Sonos logo when standing vertically.
- When you have a solid white light, press and hold the power button again.
How do I connect my PC to Sonos via Bluetooth?
Find the Bluetooth button located on the back of your Move between the Power and Join button. Press the button once to switch to Bluetooth Mode. Move will chime and the LED on top of the speaker will turn blue.
How do I play music from my computer through Sonos?
- Launch the Sonos app from your Desktop or the Start menu.
- Click Music Library under Select a Music Source.
- Click on your desired sorting for the song(s) you want to play:
- Click the arrow to the right of the song you want to play.
Do you have to pay for Sonos app?
Once you have your spot, pick up your Android or iOS device, and download the Sonos app. It’s a free download for Android and iOS and will give you access to everything you need to start using your music services. Sonos will walk you through the process of setting up your speakers.
Can I control Sonos from my computer?
You can control all the Sonos devices in your home from your Mac or PC, but first you need to install the right software. Once installed and set up on your computer, you will be able to do some pretty cool things with your Sonos sound system and computer: … Manage account and Sonos preferences.
How do I make my Sonos one wireless?
Open the Sonos S1 Controller app for iOS or Android. From the Settings tab, press System > Network > Wireless Setup and follow the prompts to enter your Wi-Fi password. Once the wireless setup is complete, disconnect the Ethernet cable from any Sonos products wired to your router.
How do I connect my Sonos to Windows 10?
- Install Sonos Controller. A process as straight forward as it sounds.
- Set up a new Sonos network.
- Choose your network type.
- Plug it in, but only the power.
- Wait for the green light.
- Set up your Wifi network.
- Designate a room.
Why can’t Sonos find my music library?
If your Sonos has issues with recognizing, finding, updating, or loading your music library, the most likely culprit could be a weak wireless connection, wireless interference, or a disconnected device somewhere.
Why can’t I play my iTunes library on Sonos?
That’s a limitation of the Sonos system. It’s not compatible with AirPlay so you can’t stream to it from iTunes. You can only access your iTunes library via the Sonos app. You have to download the Sonos app to your computer, then set up iTunes as your Music Library.
Can you pair two Sonos moves on Bluetooth?
You cannot connect two Sonos products together via Bluetooth. Most Sonos devices do not even use Bluetooth to connect to your devices wirelessly.
Is Sonos Bluetooth enabled?
Portable Sonos products can connect to your devices using Bluetooth. To pair with a Bluetooth device, you must first put your Sonos product in Bluetooth discovery mode.