Navigate to the folder that holds the photos you want to transfer to your MacBook. Drag and drop the photos from this folder into the MacBook’s “Photos” folder. Disconnect from file sharing when you’re finished. The iMac photos are now on your MacBook laptop.
Likewise, how do I transfer photos from iMac to Mac?
- Open Migration Assistant, which is in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder. Then click Continue.
- When asked how you want to transfer your information, select the option to transfer from a Mac, Time Machine backup, or startup disk. Then click Continue.
Considering this, how do I move my iPhoto library to a new Mac?
- Copy the “iPhoto Library” file from the source machine to the destination machine (any transfer method is fine). *The iPhoto Library is by default in your “Pictures” folder.*
- Go to “File” menu of iPhoto. Select “Switch to Library”.
- From the pop up menu select the appropriate new library.
Correspondingly, how do I move photos from one Mac to another? If you’re migrating from one Mac to another—or just want to move your Photos library from one to another—you can simply copy the file. On the new Mac, hold down the Option key while launching Photos and you can select the library you copied over. That’s the entire process.
Also, how do I transfer photos from iPhoto to MacBook Pro?
- Open up the first iPhoto library.
- Select the photos you want to move.
- Choose “Export” from the menu.
- Select either Current (exports with edits) or Original.
- Select a folder to export the images to.
- Import the photos to an existing Photos library.
- Repeat for each iPhoto Library.
- Click the “Finder” icon in your Dock to open a new Finder window.
- Locate the photos you want to move.
- Select the photos you want to move.
- Click your selected folder or photos and, still holding your mouse, drag them to the Finder window with your USB flash drive.
Can you transfer files from PC to Mac via USB?
In most cases, you’ll want to use an external hard drive to transfer files from a PC to a Mac. … Just plug the external drive’s USB cable into your PC and copy your files to the drive. After everything is copied, shut down Windows, unplug the hard drive’s data cable from the PC, and plug the cable into your Mac.
How do I manage photos on Mac?
- Open Photos on Mac.
- In the menu bar, select ‘Photos’
- Select ‘preferences’
- Under ‘General,’ select ‘Show in Finder’ under the ‘Library Location’ section.
How do I copy my entire iphoto library to an external hard drive?
Copy the Photos Library from your Pictures Folder to an external disk. Hold down the option (or alt) key and launch Photos. From the resulting menu select “Other Library” and navigate to the new location. You’ll get a message that says: “This library contains items that need to download from iCloud Photo Library.”
How do I manage large photo library on Mac?
In Photos > Preferences > iCloud, you can enable Optimize Mac Storage, which swaps the full-resolution images for smaller versions, saving a boatload of space. In other words, this allows the thumbnail of your photo to display, but keeps the larger full-sized image in the cloud.
How do I export my Mac photo library?
- In the Photos app on your Mac, select the item you want to export.
- Choose File > Export > Export [number] Photos.
- Click the Photo Kind pop-up menu and choose the file type for the exported photos.
How do I combine Photos on a Mac?
- Right-click the first photo you want to combine and select Get Info.
- Repeat the step above for the next photo you want to combine.
- Double-click your first photo to open it with Preview.
- Click Edit > Select All to select the entire image.
- Press Command + C to copy your photo.
How do you import Photos onto a Mac?
In Photos, choose File > Import. Select the photos or folder that you want to import, then click Review for Import. If you selected multiple photos or videos, select the photos or video that you want to import, then click Import [number] Selected or Import All.
What is the best way to organize photos on a Mac?
How do you import photos from iPhone to macbook?
- Connect your iPhone to Mac using a USB cable.
- Open the Photos app on your Mac.
- In the upper menu of the Photos app, choose Import.
- Click Import all new photos or select the photos you need and click Import Selected.
How do I move photos from Mac to iPhoto?
You can import a batch of pictures into the Mac’s iPhoto library from a folder on the hard disk (or other locations) in several ways. For one, open iPhoto, go to the File menu and choose Import to Library. When the Import Photos box opens, navigate to the location of the folder, select it and click the Import button.
How do I copy files from Mac to USB?
Other Ways to Copy Files on a Mac Copy and Paste: Select a file, folder, or group of files, and then right-click. In the menu that pops up, select “Copy.” Then navigate to the USB drive in Finder, right-click in an open area and select “Paste Item.” The items will copy to the drive.