- Open Migration Assistant, which is in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder. Then click Continue.
- When asked how you want to transfer your information, select the option to transfer from a Mac, Time Machine backup, or startup disk. Then click Continue.
Frequent question, how do I move my iPhoto library to a new hard drive Mac? For a new computer: Connect your external hard drive which will display on Finder. Drag the iPhoto Library folder or package to external hard drive. 4. Now open iPhoto (the new computer for moving iPhoto Library to a new computer).
Subsequently, does Mac Migration Assistant transfer photos? Yes, Migration Assistant transfers photos from one Mac to another, when it transfers your user data. As long as your photos are where they normally are on a Mac. In your Home folder under your user name. Then Migration Assistant will transfer them fine.
Quick Answer, how do I move my iPhoto library to a new computer? Copy the Photos Library from your Pictures Folder to an external disk. Hold down the option (or alt) key and launch Photos. From the resulting menu select “Other Library” and navigate to the new location. You’ll get a message that says: “This library contains items that need to download from iCloud Photo Library.”
Also the question is, can two Macs share the same photos library? Unfortunately, Apple currently offers no good way for two or more people to keep their photo libraries in sync with each other, whether they’re using the same Mac (with different user accounts) or different Macs.
How do I copy photos from Mac to USB?
Click your selected folder or photos and, still holding your mouse, drag them to the Finder window with your USB flash drive. Release your mouse when you see the green “+” sign. Your photos will copy automatically when you release your mouse.
How do I manage large photo library on Mac?
In Photos > Preferences > iCloud, you can enable Optimize Mac Storage, which swaps the full-resolution images for smaller versions, saving a boatload of space. In other words, this allows the thumbnail of your photo to display, but keeps the larger full-sized image in the cloud.
How do I export my entire apple photo library?
- Go to the Photos or All Photos view.
- click on one photo and use the key combination of Command + A to select all of the photos in the library.
- go tot the File menu and select the Export ➙ Export Unmodified Original for XXXXX Items menu option.
How do you make sure your Mac is backed up?
Make sure your Mac Pro is on the same Wi-Fi network as your external storage device, or connect the storage device to your Mac Pro. Open System Preferences, click Time Machine, then select Back Up Automatically. Select the drive you want to use for backup, and you’re all set.
How long does it take for Mac to Mac Transfer?
It depends on how much data you’re transferring and the method of transfer. Migrating 20-30 GB over a Thunderbolt 3 cable will take a few minutes. Migrating 100-200 GB over Wi-Fi will take a few hours.
How do I connect two Macs to transfer files?
Open System Preferences from the Apple menu, and click on “Sharing” panel. Check to enable “File Sharing” on all Macs you want to share files between. From the Mac OS X Finder, hit Command+Shift+K and then click “Browse” to find and connect to the desired Mac.
How do I combine photos on a Mac?
- Right-click the first photo you want to combine and select Get Info.
- Repeat the step above for the next photo you want to combine.
- Double-click your first photo to open it with Preview.
- Click Edit > Select All to select the entire image.
- Press Command + C to copy your photo.
In the Photos app on your Mac, select the photos and video clips you want to share. Click the Share button in the toolbar and choose Shared Albums, then click New Shared Album. Type a name for the shared album, then type the email addresses of the people you want to share the album with.
Can I import an old iPhoto library into photos?
Select the library that you want to import your photos to, then click Choose Library. Choose File > Import. In the Import window, navigate to the Finder folder that contains the photos and videos that you want to import. Select the photos and videos to import, then choose Review for Import.
How do I export photos from Mac?
- In the Photos app on your Mac, select the item you want to export.
- Choose File > Export > Export [number] Photos.
- Click the Photo Kind pop-up menu and choose the file type for the exported photos.
How do I copy files from Mac to USB?
Other Ways to Copy Files on a Mac Copy and Paste: Select a file, folder, or group of files, and then right-click. In the menu that pops up, select “Copy.” Then navigate to the USB drive in Finder, right-click in an open area and select “Paste Item.” The items will copy to the drive.