- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up.
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.
Also, how do I wipe everything off my imac?
Beside above, how do I wipe my IMAC and start over?
- Start up your computer in macOS Recovery:
- In the Recovery app window, select Disk Utility, then click Continue.
- In Disk Utility, select the volume you want to erase in the sidebar, then click Erase in the toolbar.
Quick Answer, how do I restore my iMac to factory settings without CD?
Also the question is, how do I factory reset my iMac 2011? Restart your iMac by clicking the Apple menu, then select Restart…. Click the Restart button when the dialog box appears. After the iMac shuts down completely but before it begins to restart, hold down the Command (⌘) and R keys at the same time.First you’ll need to turn off your iMac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterward you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.
How do I factory reset my iMac 2010?
- Insert the Mac OS X Install disc, then restart the computer while holding the C key.
- When your computer finishes starting up from the disc, choose Disk Utility from the Installer menu.
- Click the Erase tab.
How do I factory reset my iMac 2015?
- Restart the Mac in Recovery Mode (hold down Command and the R key during restart).
- Use Disk Utility to erase the hard drive. Click on Disk Utility > Continue. Select the main volume and click Unmount then Erase).
- Click Reinstall OS X and Continue. Follow the instructions to reinstall Mac OS X.
How do I remove previous owners from my iMac?
- Select System Preferences from the Apple menu, click the Accounts icon, click the Lock icon, and enter your password.
- Select Logout from the Apple menu.
- On your new computer, triple-check that all the files for all accounts on the old machine have been transferred.
How do I wipe my Mac without recovery mode?
- Select ‘Disk Utility. ‘
- Select the volume that you want to erase.
- Click ‘Erase. ‘
- Disk Utility will now wipe your hard drive.
How do I factory reset my iMac g4 without CD?
How to Factory Reset an iMac Via the Recovery Partition. Restart the iMac and hold the “Command-R” keys while the computer reboots. Select and connect to a Wi-Fi network from the list if the iMac prompts you to do so. Choose the “Disk Utility” option from the list and click “Continue.”
What happens if I factory reset my Mac?
Resetting a Mac to factory settings gets rid of all the data stored on that machine, so we recommend that you make a backup of the data first. This can be done very simply using Apple’s Time Machine software – here’s how to back up using Time Machine.
How do I factory reset my iMac 2021?
- In the Apple menu in the top left corner of the screen, choose Restart.
- As the system is restarting, hold both the Command and R keys on the keyboard at the same time until you see the Recovery Mode window.
- Enter your admin password to confirm the action.
How do I restore my 2009 iMac to factory settings?
- Shutdown iMac.
- Unplug power cord from back of iMac.
- Press and hold power button for 20 seconds.
- Restore power cord; power on iMac.
- Immediately on hearing Startup Chime, press and hold Command-Option-P-R keys (⌘⌥ P R)
How do I delete an admin account on my Mac?
- Locate Users & Groups on the bottom left.
- Select the padlock icon.
- Enter your password.
- Select the admin user on the left and then select the minus icon near the bottom.
- Choose an option from the list and then select Delete User.
How do I factory reset my IMAC 2012?
Restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the COMMAND and R keys until the menu screen appears. Alternatively, restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the OPTION key until the boot manager screen appears. Select the Recovery HD and click on the downward pointing arrow button.
How do I get into my IMAC without a password?
With your Mac now in Recovery Mode, click on Utilities in the menu bar followed by Terminal. A new window will show up, waiting for you to enter a command. Type “resetpassword” as one word, without the quotes, and press Return. Close the Terminal window, where you will then find the Reset Password tool.