- Be certain you have made a full backup fo the Mac.
- Connect the MacOS Big Sur USB installer drive to a USB port on the Mac.
- Shutdown the Mac or reboot.
- Next, boot into Recovery Mode, which differs depending on if it’s an Intel Mac or Apple Silicon Mac:
You asked, how do I do a clean install on my imac?
- Start up your computer in macOS Recovery:
- In the Recovery app window, select Disk Utility, then click Continue.
- In Disk Utility, select the volume you want to erase in the sidebar, then click Erase in the toolbar.
Frequent question, can I delete install macOS Big Sur? Choose Applications from the Finder’s Go menu, locate the installer, and throw it away. Choose Applications from the Finder’s Go menu, locate the installer, and throw it away. and then trash it. brilliant.
Likewise, how do I wipe my IMAC and start over? Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
Also the question is, how do you make sure your Mac is backed up? Make sure your Mac Pro is on the same Wi-Fi network as your external storage device, or connect the storage device to your Mac Pro. Open System Preferences, click Time Machine, then select Back Up Automatically. Select the drive you want to use for backup, and you’re all set.
- Choose Reinstall macOS (or Reinstall OS X) from the utilities window.
- Click Continue, then follow the onscreen instructions. You’ll be asked to select your disk. If you don’t see it, click Show All Disks.
- Click Install. Your Mac restarts after installation is complete.
What happens if I delete the install macOS Big Sur?
You can delete the application which means you don’t have the installer anymore. If you wish to upgrade later on, you’ll have to re-download it. Until you upgrade, the red dot will stay indicating that there is an upgrade available.
How do I remove Big Sur update from Mac?
The files are downloaded to “Install macOS Big Sur. app” in /Applications. To remove the files, just go to /Applications and do a “sudo rm -rf Install macOS Big Sur.
Can you delete old OS on Mac?
If you have no applications that you want to run in Classic mode in OS X, and you have no need to start your computer up in OS 9 instead of OS X from time to time, then yes, you can trash the System Folder and the Applications (OS 9) folder.
How do you clear everything off a Mac?
What can I do with my old imac?
- When is your Mac “too old”?
- Recycle your old Mac with the Apple Trade In program.
- Clean your Mac and get it up to speed.
- Turn your Mac into a network-attached storage system.
- Create an emergency Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Install Linux on your Mac.
- Back up your Mac.
- Deauthorize and sign out of your accounts.
How do I restore my IMAC to factory settings without CD?
How long should a Mac backup take?
Preparing backup shouldn’t take more than 5 or 10 minutes if your Mac is new and you barely have anything on it.
Can I backup Mac to Google Drive?
Following a two-week delay, Google Inc.’s new Backup and Sync tool, which launched last month, is now available to download for Mac and Windows users. The new tool allows users to back up all their files and folders from a Mac or personal computer to their Google Drive account.
Does Apple Time Machine backup photos?
Use Time Machine: After you set up Time Machine, it automatically backs up the files on your Mac. If you ever lose the files in your Photos library, you can restore them from the Time Machine backup. … The permissions for your Photos library may conflict with those for the Time Machine backup.
Why can’t I select a disk to install macOS?
The reason for this issue is because there does not has a partition on the virtual disk, so we should first create a partition on the virtual disk, then you can select the virtual disk partition to install mac os. … Then select Disk Utility in macOS Utilities window, click the Continue button.
How do I install a disk on a Mac?
- Physically install the drive into the Mac.
- Insert the Mac OS X install CD or USB drive.
- Power on the computer while holding down the option key.
- Select Installer.
- Select Disk Utility.
- Highlight the drive.
- Select Erase.
- Enter Volume information (Name, Format, and Scheme).