How to Force Restart Your Mac. Press and hold down the Command (⌘) and Control (Ctrl) keys along with the power button (or the Touch ID / Eject button, depending on the Mac model) until the screen goes blank and the machine restarts.
As many you asked, how do I do a hard reset on my iMac? Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
Amazingly, how do I reboot my iMac computer?
- Press the power button (or press Control+Eject) and, when a dialog box appears, click the Restart button.
- Choose the Apple key and then click Restart.
- Press Control+Command+Eject (or Control+Command+Power button).
Likewise, how do I force a Mac to boot? To force your Mac to boot in Mac OS X: Hold down the X key while restarting or booting the Mac. To display a system boot menu: Hold down the Option key while restarting or booting the Mac, and you can choose which operating system you want to use.
In this regard, how do I boot my Mac that won’t boot up? Press and hold the power button on your Mac for up to 10 seconds, until your Mac turns off. Then turn your Mac back on. If the issue persists, press and hold the power button until your Mac turns off. Then unplug all accessories from your Mac, including printers, drives, USB hubs, and other nonessential devices.
- In the Apple menu in the top left corner of the screen, choose Restart.
- As the system is restarting, hold both the Command and R keys on the keyboard at the same time until you see the Recovery Mode window.
- Enter your admin password to confirm the action.
Why is my Mac not responding?
Reboot your Mac If you can’t Force Quit an unresponsive application, then it’s time for a reboot. … How to reboot a Mac that is not responding: Hold down the power button for several seconds. If that doesn’t work, Press the Control-Command keys down, then press the Power button.
How do I fix my iMac if it wont turn on?
- Make sure your iMac is receiving power.
- Check for stuck power button.
- Check for any faulty external devices.
- Reset the SMC or T2 chip.
- Perform a power cycle.
- Check for signs of power.
- Check for a faulty RAM.
- Restore corrupted T2 security chip firmware.
How do I boot my Mac into recovery mode?
- Click on Apple logo at the top left of the screen.
- Select Restart.
- Immediately hold down the Command and R keys until you see an Apple logo or spinning globe.
How do you reset P RAM on a Mac?
- Power off your Mac.
- Press your Mac’s power button and then hold these four keys at the same time: ⌘ + option + P + R.
- Continue holding the keys until your Mac restarts for the second time. On older Macs, the chime will sound upon restart.
If your Mac does not appear to have a power button, it may be a newer model. Press and hold the Touch ID sensor, which is the upper-rightmost “key” on the keyboard. On Touch Bar compatible MacBooks, it is at the very right side of the Touch Bar.
What is the boot key for Mac?
Command (⌘)-R: Start up from the built-in macOS Recovery system. Or use Option-Command-R or Shift-Option-Command-R to start up from macOS Recovery over the internet.
Why won’t my Mac go past the loading screen?
Shut the Mac down, usually by pressing the power button; Now press the Command, Option, R, P keys for at least 20 seconds (sometimes 30 might produce better results); Your Mac should restart automatically and if it gets past the loading screen then the problem is solved.
Why does my IMAC take so long to start up?
When you start your Mac, a lot of apps and software runs in the background that leads to slow startup. To fix this, give your device a clean start and make your Mac OS run smoothly and faster. When multiple apps run in the background, your device takes longer to startup.
How do I restore my Mac Air to factory settings?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
How do you clear everything off a Mac?
How do I factory reset my iMac 24?
After the iMac shuts down completely but before it begins to restart, hold down the Command (⌘) and R keys at the same time. The Mac will display the macOS Utilities menu, from which you can reinstall Mac OS.