- Choose Safari→Preferences or press cmd+, (comma).
- Click the General tab, and then click the Save Downloaded Files To pop-up menu.
- Choose Other.
- Navigate to the location where you want the files to be stored.
- Click the Select button.
- Click the Close button to exit Preferences.
Beside above, how do I allow Safari to download on my Mac? In Safari, go to the Safari menu, select Preferences and then Downloads from the left-hand menu. Beneath the list of Allowed and Denied sites is an option: When visiting other websites. Just set this to Deny. You may need to explicitly grant permission for sites you do want to be able to offer you downloads.
Frequent question, how do I download from Safari?
- In the Safari app on your Mac, click anything identified as a download link, or Control-click an image or other object on the page.
- Choose Download Linked File. (Some webpage items can’t be downloaded.) Safari decompresses files such as . zip files after it downloads them.
Correspondingly, why can’t I download files on my Mac? Sometimes a download is incomplete because the file was damaged. … Make sure you have the app needed to open the file. If you do, the file may have been corrupted during the download. Delete it, then try downloading it again.
Likewise, how do I allow downloads on my Mac? Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General. At the bottom of the window, you’ll see multiple options under Allow apps to be downloaded from. Select Anywhere to allow your Mac to download any and all apps.Open the “Settings” app and go to Safari > Downloads. If you can’t find the browser on your phone, try using Apple’s Spotlight search to locate it. Here, switch the selection to “On My iPhone” or “On My iPad” depending on your device. By default, Safari will pick the “Downloads” folder.
How do I change download settings on Mac?
- Open the Safari app and click on the Safari drop-down menu at the top left.
- Choose Preferences.
- Make sure General tab is selected and then change the File Download Location to wherever you want.
How do I download a PDF from Safari?
- Open Safari and browse to the webpage you wish to save as PDF.
- Click on the Safari option bar at the top-left of your screen and go to “File” and “Export as PDF”
- Select a name and a location and click on “Save”
Where are my Downloads in Safari?
- In the Safari app on your Mac, click the Show Downloads button near the top-right corner of the Safari window. The button isn’t shown if the downloads list is empty.
- Do any of the following: Pause a download: Click the Stop button to the right of the filename in the downloads list.
How do you download a PDF on a Mac?
- On your Mac, open the document you want to save as a PDF.
- Choose File > Print.
- Click the PDF pop-up menu, then choose Save as PDF.
- Choose a name and location for the PDF file.
- To protect your document with a password, click Security Options.
Why are downloads not working on Safari?
Check the “Open Safe Files” Box Sometimes, it might seem like Safari downloads aren’t working normally because of a certain setting. … Click Safari (in the top menu bar) and select Preferences. Make sure you’re on the General tab. Check the small box next to Open “safe” files after downloading.
How do I fix downloads on my Mac?
Why won’t my Mac let me download apps?
Log out of the App Store on your Mac (Menu Bar > > App Store, then Store > Sign Out). Reboot your Mac. Reopen the App Store, and log back in with your Apple ID (Store > Sign In).
How do I change download settings in Safari?
- Open Settings and select Safari.
- Under General, tap Downloads.
- Choose iCloud Drive (Downloads), On My iPhone (Downloads), or Other depending on the location of the folder you want to use.
- Select the folder and tap Done.
How do I allow downloads in Safari?
- Open Safari on your Mac.
- Click Safari in the menu bar (top left corner) then choose Preferences…
- At the top of the window, click Websites.
- Now on the left-hand sidebar click Downloads.
How do I allow downloads on iOS?
- If you’re not worried about going over a data limit, head to Settings.
- Swipe down and tap iTunes & App Store.
- Under Cellular Data choose App Downloads.
- Select Always Allow.
How do I install apps on Safari?
Open Safari and choose Safari > Safari Extensions from the menu bar. The App Store opens to the Safari Extensions page, as pictured above. To download and install an extension, click Get or click the price. You might be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.