Download specific podcasts to Apple Watch Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. Tap My Watch, then tap Podcasts. Tap Custom, then turn on the stations and shows you want to download to your Apple Watch. Your Apple Watch will try to download three episodes from every show you select.
Likewise, can you listen to overcast on Apple Watch? Overcast is available for the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and now M1-powered Macs because of their support for running iOS apps.
Moreover, why are podcasts not downloading to my Apple Watch? On your iPhone, go to Settings > Podcasts and make sure that Sync Podcasts is turned on. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. Go to the My Watch tab, scroll to Podcasts, then tap it. Under Add Episodes From, tap Custom.
People ask also, how do I download Apple podcasts to my iPhone?
- Tap the “iTunes” app on your home screen.
- Tap “Search” and then type the name of a specific podcast.
- Tap the podcast’s name to go to its episode listings.
- Tap the arrow icon next to any episode to download it to your iPhone.
- Enter the password for your Apple account and tap “Download.”
Best answer for this question, is Overcast better than podcast app? Overcast. For folks who find Pocket Casts a bit too much for their needs, Overcast might be a better option. Created by developer Marco Arment in 2014, Overcast is one of the simplest iPhone podcast apps that doesn’t skimp on useful features. Design-wise, Overcast is about as minimalistic as it gets.
- 1 Can you listen to Overcast on Apple watch without phone?
- 2 Is Overcast the best podcast app?
- 3 How long does it take to download a podcast to Apple Watch?
- 4 Where did my Apple podcast app go?
- 5 Why can’t I play podcasts on my iPhone?
- 6 How do I get Apple podcasts on my iPhone?
- 7 Is podcast free on iPhone?
- 8 How do I get Podcasts on my iPhone?
- 9 What is the most used podcast app?
- 10 Which podcast app is best?
- 11 What is the best free podcast app for iPhone?
Can you listen to Overcast on Apple watch without phone?
The new Overcast watch app doesn’t rely on the iPhone at all. … You can also now adjust playback speed and move between chapters on the watch, whether you’re in standalone mode or are just using the app as a remote control for Overcast playback on your iPhone.
Is Overcast the best podcast app?
Overall, there are lots of great options for podcast apps. If you want a default Apple experience, use Apple Podcasts. If you want social features, Breaker is the best app for you. If you want the best overall audio experience, Overcast is hands down the best.
How long does it take to download a podcast to Apple Watch?
On your iPhone, open Overcast and navigate to the podcast episode you want to send to Apple Watch. Next, tap on the Queue button > Send to Watch. The transfer takes a while, possibly because it happens over Bluetooth. (It took me around six minutes to transfer a 50-minute episode of The CultCast.
Where did my Apple podcast app go?
If I understand correctly, you are unable to find the Podcast app on your iPhone, but you can open it if you search for it on the App Store app. To help with this, please go to Settings > General > Reset and tap the Reset Home Screen Layout option and then test your issue again.
Why can’t I play podcasts on my iPhone?
Open Settings and tap Screen Time -> Content & Privacy Restrictions -> Allowed Apps. Make sure the switch next to Podcasts is turned on. If you’re trying to download and Explicit podcast, head back to Settings -> Screen Time -> Content & Privacy Restrictions and tap Content Restrictions.
How do I get Apple podcasts on my iPhone?
- Open the Apple Podcasts app.
- Choose a podcast episode and tap the play button.
- Tap the player at the bottom of the screen to open the Now Playing screen and access the playback controls.
Is podcast free on iPhone?
Apple Podcasts is available for free in over 170 countries and regions on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple Watch, Apple TV, HomePod and HomePod mini, CarPlay, iTunes on Windows, and other smart speakers and car systems.
How do I get Podcasts on my iPhone?
The Podcasts app for iOS provides easy access to popular and featured podcasts using the navigation icons at the bottom of the app. To subscribe to a podcast, tap Subscribe on the page for that podcast. To play a podcast, tap on any episode. To download an episode, tap the iCloud icon in the episode list.
What is the most used podcast app?
In 2020, the most commonly used app for listening to podcasts in the United States was Spotify, with 25 percent of podcast listeners aged 18 or above saying that they used Spotify to listen to podcasts. Meanwhile, Apple Podcasts was used by 20 percent of adults, down from 21 percent in the previous year.
Which podcast app is best?
- Apple Podcasts.
- Google Podcasts.
- TuneIn Radio.
What is the best free podcast app for iPhone?
- RadioPublic. Free on iOS • Free on Android.
- Player FM. Free on iOS • Free on Android.
- Pocket Casts. Free on iOS • Free on Android.
- Castbox. Free on iOS • Free on Android.
- Podbean. Free on iOS • Free on Android.
- Stitcher. Free on iOS • Free on Android.
- Laughable. Free on iOS • Free on Android.
- TuneIn Radio.