For data plan reasons,
air travel, or even poor network coverage, of users
may want download youtube videos to their camera roll
Photo to be able to see and listen to them at any
There is a method published this weekend on the MobileAddict YouTube channel
(that of an editor from our team), which allows you to download videos
YouTube on an iPhone and iPad using the Workflow app, acquired by Apple
and available now for free on the App Store.
- You have to go to the App Store and download the app
available here on the App Store.
- Launch the Safari browser, then go to Google and type in the
search engine “workflow download youtube audio” or
“youtube download workflow“.
- Click on the first search result or on this link
- This will launch the Workflow app, and then press “Get
Workflow” to install this recipe for downloading
- Now we need launch the official YouTube app and this
render on a video to download.
- Once on the video page, press the button
“To share” below the video, and scroll down the list
sharing options to the right, and tap
- In the share menu of iOS, we must press the extension “Run
Workflow“, if this is not proposed, it must be activated by
pressing “Other” and checking “Run Workflow”.
- After pressing the “Run Workflow” extension, select the recipe
previously downloaded and which is called “Download Video &
- A progress bar for downloading the video is displayed, a
once it is finished, the app offers several options, you must
to select “Save as Video“, which will show a preview of
the downloaded video
- now just press the share button
bottom left from the preview and select “Save
- And now the YouTube video has been saved in the
As a bonus, the Workflow recipe also offers to extract audio from a
video and save it as an MP3 file to listen to in any
what a reader.
Important point, this method helps to download YouTube videos
directly from the official app, however it does not work not
with all videos and especially some music videos
who are protected against this download method.