- Click the General tab.
- Check the box for Show a message when the screen is locked box and then click Set Lock Message.
- Enter the message you want to display on the login screen in the popup dialog box, then click OK.
In this regard, how do I get the login screen back on my Mac? A simple way to protect your files when you walk away from your computer is to hit Shift-Command-Option-Q to do a fast logout of your user. Your Mac will go back to the login screen.
Additionally, how do I activate screen on Macbook Air? Enable AirPlay on your Mac Click “System Preferences” Click “Displays” Make sure “Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available” is selected.
You asked, how do I turn on automatic login on my macbook air?
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups.
- Click the lock , then enter the account password.
- Click Login Options in the lower-left corner.
- Choose an account from the “Automatic login” menu, then enter the password of that account.
Frequent question, what do I do when my Macbook Air won’t let me log in? Restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the COMMAND and R keys until the menu screen appears. Alternatively, restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the OPTION key until the boot manager screen appears. Select the Recovery HD and click on the downward pointing arrow button.On your Mac, choose Apple menu > Restart, or press the Power button on your computer and then click Restart. Click your user account, click the question mark in the password field, then click the arrow next to “reset it using your recovery key.”
- 1 Why does my MacBook Air Keep going to the lock screen?
- 2 How do I connect my MacBook Air to 2020 monitor?
- 3 Why can’t I turn on AirPlay on my MacBook air?
- 4 How do I connect my MacBook air to a wireless printer?
- 5 Why can’t I enable automatic login on my Mac?
- 6 How do you unlock a macbook air without the password?
- 7 How do you bypass a Mac password?
- 8 How do I force restart my MacBook Air 2020?
- 9 How do I restore factory settings on my MacBook air?
- 10 Why is my Mac stuck on the login screen?
- 11 How can I get admin access to a Mac without knowing the current password?
Why does my MacBook Air Keep going to the lock screen?
One possible reason why your Mac locks the screen automatically is that you have set up a Hot Corner that quickly activates the screen saver when you leave your computer. To check whether this is the case, click System Preferences from the Apple menu, then go to Desktop & Screen Saver.
How do I connect my MacBook Air to 2020 monitor?
Connect a VGA display or projector: Use a USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter to connect the display or projector to a Thunderbolt / USB 4 port on your MacBook Air. Connect an HDMI display or HDTV: Use a USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter to connect the HDMI display or HDTV to a Thunderbolt / USB 4 port on your MacBook Air.
Why can’t I turn on AirPlay on my MacBook air?
The most common reason for not seeing the AirPlay feature on your Mac is your display settings or WiFi problems. To fix this simply restart your WiFi connection, and activate the Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available option found inside the System Preferences, in the Display settings.
How do I connect my MacBook air to a wireless printer?
Why can’t I enable automatic login on my Mac?
You may find the the Automatic Login feature is disabled in Mac OS X, which displays as “off” and with the dropdown menu greyed out and inaccessible. There are two reasons for this: FileVault is enabled – when disk encryption with FileVault is turned on, the automatic login feature is not available.
How do you unlock a macbook air without the password?
How do you bypass a Mac password?
With your Mac now in Recovery Mode, click on Utilities in the menu bar followed by Terminal. A new window will show up, waiting for you to enter a command. Type “resetpassword” as one word, without the quotes, and press Return. Close the Terminal window, where you will then find the Reset Password tool.
How do I force restart my MacBook Air 2020?
How to Force Restart Your Mac. Press and hold down the Command (⌘) and Control (Ctrl) keys along with the power button (or the Touch ID / Eject button, depending on the Mac model) until the screen goes blank and the machine restarts.
How do I restore factory settings on my MacBook air?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
Why is my Mac stuck on the login screen?
Press and hold the Shift key while pressing the power button to restart your Mac. Release the Shift key when you see the Apple logo and loading bar. Uncheck login items in Users & Groups after your Mac loads successfully in Safe Mode.
How can I get admin access to a Mac without knowing the current password?
- Hold ⌘ + S on startup.
- mount -uw / ( fsck -fy is not needed)
- rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone.
- Go through the steps of creating a new account.
- After logging in to the new account, go to the Users & Groups preference pane.
- Select the old account, press the Reset Password