First you’ll need to turn off your Mac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterwards you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.
Furthermore, can you erase a locked Mac? You can wipe your Mac computer — or, in other words, factory reset it — through the macOS Utilities menu. This is a good plan if your Mac is malfunctioning, or you’re looking to sell it. Doing this will wipe all of your personal data and applications. It’ll be like you just turned on your Mac for the first time.
Best answer for this question, how do I force a factory reset on my iMac? After the iMac shuts down completely but before it begins to restart, hold down the Command (⌘) and R keys at the same time. The Mac will display the macOS Utilities menu, from which you can reinstall Mac OS.
You asked, how do I factory reset my 2009 iMac without CD? Select the hard drive on which Mac OS X is installed from the tree list on the left side of the window. Open the “Erase” tab. Select “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)” from the “Format:” drop menu and enter a name for the hard drive in the “Name:” text entry field. Click “Erase…” to clear all of the hard drive’s contents.
Also know, how do I restore my 2009 iMac to factory settings?
- Shutdown iMac.
- Unplug power cord from back of iMac.
- Press and hold power button for 20 seconds.
- Restore power cord; power on iMac.
- Immediately on hearing Startup Chime, press and hold Command-Option-P-R keys (⌘⌥ P R)
How do I completely wipe my Macbook?
Does wiping a Mac remove iCloud?
You can click Keep a Copy, because you’re erasing your Mac later. Your iCloud data remains in iCloud and on any other devices that are signed in to iCloud with your Apple ID.
How do I factory reset my IMAC 2021?
- In the Apple menu in the top left corner of the screen, choose Restart.
- As the system is restarting, hold both the Command and R keys on the keyboard at the same time until you see the Recovery Mode window.
- Enter your admin password to confirm the action.
How do I factory reset my IMAC 2015?
- Restart the Mac in Recovery Mode (hold down Command and the R key during restart).
- Use Disk Utility to erase the hard drive. Click on Disk Utility > Continue. Select the main volume and click Unmount then Erase).
- Click Reinstall OS X and Continue. Follow the instructions to reinstall Mac OS X.
How do I reset my 2010 iMac to factory settings?
- Insert the Mac OS X Install disc, then restart the computer while holding the C key.
- When your computer finishes starting up from the disc, choose Disk Utility from the Installer menu.
- Click the Erase tab.
How do I wipe my Mac without recovery mode?
- Select ‘Disk Utility. ‘
- Select the volume that you want to erase.
- Click ‘Erase. ‘
- Disk Utility will now wipe your hard drive.
How do I wipe my late 2009 iMac?
I am unable to erase hard drive using the following instructions: Restart iMac Holding down command and R key. Disk Utility (should be on screen) Check continue, choose start up disk,click erase button, choose Mac OS Extended, Click Erase.
How do I do a factory reset?
- Tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Backup and reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset Device.
- Tap Erase Everything.
What happens if I factory reset my Mac?
Resetting a Mac to factory settings gets rid of all the data stored on that machine, so we recommend that you make a backup of the data first. This can be done very simply using Apple’s Time Machine software – here’s how to back up using Time Machine.
How do I delete a Mac user account?
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups. Open Users & Groups preferences for me.
- Select the user or group you want to delete, then click the Remove button (looks like a minus sign) below the list of users.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Delete User.
How do you restore Internet on a Mac?
- Shut down your Mac.
- Hold down Command-Option/Alt-R and press the Power button.
- Hold down those keys until you a spinning globe and the message “Starting Internet Recovery.
- The message will be replaced with a progress bar.
- Wait for the MacOS Utilities screen to appear.