If you don’t have a Bluetooth icon in the menu bar, head to System Preferences > Bluetooth and check Show Bluetooth in menu bar. Now, press Shift + Option and click on the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar. In the menu that appears, select Debug > Reset the Bluetooth module. You can now try re-pairing your devices.
Additionally, how do I fix my Bluetooth on my Mac?
- Restart your Mac and Bluetooth device.
- Turn your Mac’s Bluetooth off and on.
- Forget and reconnect your Bluetooth device.
- Delete the Bluetooth preferences on your Mac.
- Debug your Bluetooth connections.
Similarly, how do I reset Bluetooth on my Mac? Click the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar while holding the Shift (⇧) and Option (⌥) keys. Choose the hidden option labeled with the text “Reset the Bluetooth module”. Click “OK” to confirm the operation. Restart your Mac by choosing “Restart” from the Apple menu.
People ask also, how do I reset my Bluetooth on my macbook air?
- Connect a wired keyboard and preferably also trackpad or mouse.
- Hold down the Shift and Option keys, then click on the Bluetooth icon in the menubar.
- Choose Reset the Bluetooth module from long menu that appears.
- Click OK to confirm.
- Restart your Mac.
Likewise, why won’t My Mac Let me turn Bluetooth on? Hold Shift + Option and click on the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar. Click Debug and select “Remove all devices” Click Debug again and select “Reset the Bluetooth module” Restart your Mac and re-pair your Bluetooth devices.Using your Mac notebook’s built-in trackpad or a USB mouse, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth. … If the Bluetooth icon doesn’t appear, or if the menu bar status continues to indicate that Bluetooth is off, restart your computer and then try to turn Bluetooth on again.
- 1 How do I make my Mac Bluetooth discoverable?
- 2 How do I clear my Bluetooth cache on a Mac?
- 3 How do I clear my Bluetooth Memory Mac?
- 4 Why is Bluetooth greyed out on Mac?
- 5 How do I turn Bluetooth on my computer?
- 6 Why is Bluetooth not connecting?
- 7 How do I set my Bluetooth to not discoverable?
- 8 How do I make my Mac discoverable?
- 9 How do I clear my Bluetooth cache?
- 10 Why can’t I remove a Bluetooth device Mac?
- 11 How do I remove a Bluetooth device from my macbook air?
How do I make my Mac Bluetooth discoverable?
- Make sure the device is turned on and discoverable (see the device’s documentation for details).
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth. Open Bluetooth preferences for me.
- Select the device in the list, then click Connect.
How do I clear my Bluetooth cache on a Mac?
- Turn off Bluetooth.
- Delete com. apple. Bluetooth. plist from /Library/Preferences.
- Delete files named com. apple. Bluetooth. somehexuuidstuff. plist from ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost (note that this is the user preference folder, not the system one)
- Turn on Bluetooth.
How do I clear my Bluetooth Memory Mac?
Go to System Preferences > BlueTooth and you will have a list of the devices remembered by the Mac. When BlueTooth is on you can select one and then at the right of the selection will be an ‘X’ icon. Click on it and the item will be removed from the list.
Why is Bluetooth greyed out on Mac?
If the Bluetooth icon is greyed out, then Bluetooth isn’t enabled, which explains why it wasn’t working! To enable your Mac’s Bluetooth, click the grey icon and select “Turn Bluetooth On.” If the Bluetooth icon isn’t displayed as part of your Mac’s menu bar, then: … -> Bluetooth.”
How do I turn Bluetooth on my computer?
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices.
- Select the Bluetooth switch to turn it On or Off as desired.
Why is Bluetooth not connecting?
For Android phones, go to Settings > System > Advanced> Reset Options > Reset Wi-fi, mobile & Bluetooth. For iOS and iPadOS device, you’ll have to unpair all of your devices (go to Setting > Bluetooth, select the info icon and and choose Forget This Device for each device) then restart your phone or tablet.
How do I set my Bluetooth to not discoverable?
Tap Settings. Tap Bluetooth. Tap the indicator next to “Bluetooth” to turn the function on or off. Tap the indicator next to “Open detection” to turn Bluetooth visibility on or off.
How do I make my Mac discoverable?
You configure Bluetooth by clicking the Bluetooth icon at the top of your Mac’s screen. The list you see includes options to turn Bluetooth on and off, make your Mac discoverable by other Bluetooth devices, and browse for files on Bluetooth devices.
How do I clear my Bluetooth cache?
- Go to the Settings on your Android device.
- Select Apps.
- Click ⋮ to display your system apps.
- Select Bluetooth from the list of apps, then select Storage.
- Tap Clear Cache and exit your Settings.
- Restart your device and try pairing it to your Reader again.
Why can’t I remove a Bluetooth device Mac?
Enable the bluetooth icon in the menu bar if you haven’t already done so (System Preferences / “Show Bluetooth in menu bar” checkbox) Click on the bluetooth icon on the menu while holding down the option key. Select the bluetooth device you want to remove. Choose remove from the submenu.
How do I remove a Bluetooth device from my macbook air?
- Open “System Preferences”.
- Open “Bluetooth”.
- Select a device that you wish to delete and press the “x” on the right. The selected device will be removed from the list.
- Please refer to the articles below for details on how to reconnect the device.