Correspondingly, how do I factory reset my MacBook Air 2017?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
Best answer for this question, how do you do a hard reset on a MacBook Air? To hard reset a MacBook Air, restart the MacBook and simultaneously press the Option, Command, P, and R keys. Hold down the keys for about 20 seconds.
Similarly, how do you reset a MacBook Air 2017 without password?
- Restart holding down Cmd-Opt-R.
- When it boots, select Disk Utility.
- From the View popup menu, choose Show all Devices.
- Select the startup drive device (should be top, left-most with a make/model number for name)
- Erase it using Mac OS Extended (Journaled).
- Quit Disk Utility.
- Reinstall Mac OS.
Likewise, how do you master reset a MacBook?
- Press and hold the power button on your Mac for at least 10 seconds, then release.
- If you see no change on your Mac, press and release the power button normally.
- If your Mac now turns on but doesn’t finish starting up, follow the steps for when your Mac doesn’t start up all the way.
Press the Power button and “Shift-Control-Option” on the left side of the Macbook Air’s built-in keyboard all at the same time. Wait a second and then release the keys and the power button at the same time. Press the Power button to turn the MacBook Air back on. This resets the SMC.
How do I reset my MacBook Air to sell?
Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
How do you unlock a MacBook air without the password?
How do I reset my MacBook air without logging in?
First you’ll need to turn off your Mac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterwards you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.
How can I get admin access to a Mac without knowing the current password?
- Hold ⌘ + S on startup.
- mount -uw / ( fsck -fy is not needed)
- rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone.
- Go through the steps of creating a new account.
- After logging in to the new account, go to the Users & Groups preference pane.
- Select the old account, press the Reset Password
How do I factory reset my MacBook Air 2021?
How do I restore MacBook pro to factory settings?
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
How do I do a factory reset?
- 1 Tap Settings
- 2 Tap General Management.
- 3 Tap Reset.
- 4 Tap Factory data reset.
- 5 Tap RESET.
- 6 Tap DELETE ALL. Please be patient as phone resetting takes some time.
- 1 Tap Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.
- 2 Tap Factory data reset > Reset Device > Erase Everything.
How do I fix a Mac startup problem?
Hold down all of these keys: Command, Option (Alt), P and R, and turn on the Mac (it’s the same keys to reset the PRAM). Keep holding the keys down until you hear the Mac restart again. Listen for a second reboot, and then release the keys.
What do you do if your Mac won’t start in Safe Mode?
- Hold the Option key while your system boots. If Safe Mode isn’t working on your MacBook, you can fix the issue simply by holding the option key while your system boots.
- Check your security settings.
- Reset the SMC.
How do you force restart a Mac laptop?
How to Force Restart Your Mac. Press and hold down the Command (⌘) and Control (Ctrl) keys along with the power button (or the Touch ID / Eject button, depending on the Mac model) until the screen goes blank and the machine restarts.