- Go to your iPhone Settings.
- Find Notifications.
- Scroll down and find Messages.
- Under the Options section.
- Change to Never (message will not show on lock screen) or When Unlocked (more useful since you likely would be actively using the phone)
Also, Can you hide a text thread on iPhone? Open the message thread. Tap on the (i) in the top right corner. Chose Hide Alerts. Now you will not see an alert if a message is received to that Message thread.
Likewise, How do you hide a conversation on Imessage?
- Open the message(s) you don’t want displaying as the chain continues.
- Tap near the top of the screen, by the icon of a face (or the person’s picture).
- On the taskbar that appears, tap the “i” for “info.” Tap “info.” William Antonelli/Business Insider.
- Toggle “Hide Alerts” on.
People ask also, How can I hide a conversation without deleting it?
- Open the Whatsapp app and look for the specific chat you want to hide from others.
- Hold down the chat you want to archive.
- Select the icon at the top that looks like a box with the arrow pointing downwards, ‘File’.
- The conversation is hidden.
Also know, How do you hide text names on iPhone? Step 1 Go to “Settings > Notifications > Messages”. Step 2 Turn off “Show on Lock Screen” to disable name displaying on lock screen.You can lock or hide messages, and even turn off message previews on iPhone so that your personal information stays private. There are even some secret text messaging apps for iPhones.
How do I hide things on my iPhone?
- Open Photos.
- Select the photo or video that you want to hide.
- Tap the Share button , then tap Hide.
- Confirm that you want to hide the photo or video.
Can you look at iMessages you deleted?
Here’s how to retrieve those deleted messages. Open Settings, and tap on your name/picture at the top. Select iCloud > Manage Storage, then tap Backups. You’ll be presented with a list of available backups; tap one to see when it was saved.
How do I hide Imessages on my iPhone?
Hide an iMessage app: Open a message, go to the three dot menu and choose Edit. Select minus button and choose Remove from Favorites. Hide an app from being seen: Open a message, go to three dot menu and select Edit. Under More Apps toggle off an app and select Done.
Are there secret apps for texting?
Threema – Best Secret Texting App For Android Threema is a popular messaging app with end-to-end encryption. The enhanced features integrated with this application will never allow third parties to hack your messages and calls.
How do you hide a text conversation?
- From your phone’s home screen, swipe down from the top to open the notification shade.
- Long press the notification from a specific contact you want to hide and select “Silent”
- Go to Settings > Apps & NOtifications > Notifications > NOtifications on Lock screen.
How do I see deleted messages on my iPhone?
- Go to iCloud.com and enter your Apple ID and password.
- In the list of apps that appears, click the Messages app icon if it’s present.
- Locate the text messages you want to recover.
Which app is best for secret chat?
- Signal Private Messenger.
Can you hide app names on iPhone?
Head into Settings > General > Accessibility. Under VISION, you’ll see a toggle for On/Off Labels. Switch that into the on position.
How do I change the text display on my iPhone?
You can adjust whether your device displays text messages on the lock screen by tapping “Settings” and then “Notifications.” Tap “Messages” and then tap the ON/OFF toggle to the right of “View in Lock Screen” until ON appears if you want to display text messages on the lock screen.
Does my name show up when I text someone?
It’s at the recipient end that controls whether they see your number or your name. It will show your name if they have saved your number to their “Contacts” list and then added your name as the contact.
What does *# 31 do on iPhone?
Entering *#31# lets you block your number for all outgoing calls. Want to be more selective? Simply enter #31# directly before your desired number and your iPhone will hide your digits only for that call.