Click on the Apple menu and choose System Preferences. Choose the Notifications pane. Click on Messages in the left hand sidebar. Click ‘None’ and uncheck all the tick boxes.
Also know, how do I hide Messages on my Macbook Pro?
- Open the Apple menu by clicking the Apple logo in the top left corner.
- Select “System Preferences” from the drop-down menu.
- Click the “Notifications” icon.
- In the menu on the left side left side, you will see a list of apps.
- Under “Message alert style,” click “None.”
Likewise, can you hide iMessage conversations? Go to Settings > Notifications and scroll down until you find Messages. In the Messages section scroll down to Show Previews. By default this will be set to Always. Tap on that and choose: Never.
Frequent question, how do you find hidden Messages on Macbook? You can make the hidden folders appear by simultaneously pressing the Command, the Shift and the dot keys: “Command+Shift+.”. If for some reason that doesn’t work, you can also open the Terminal app and simply type the following. Once that works, you can go and find the Messages folder, (which contains the chat.
Similarly, how do I silence Messages on my Macbook? Click “Details” in the top-right corner of the conversation. 5. Tick the box next to “Do Not Disturb.”
How do I make my text messages private?
- Open the Settings app on your Android device.
- Choose Apps & notifications > Notifications.
- Under the Lock Screen setting, choose Notifications on lock screen or On lock screen.
- Select Don’t show notifications.
Can you hide a text message?
Secure your phone with a password, fingerprint, PIN or lock pattern. The most simple way to hide text messages on your Android phone is by securing it with a password, fingerprint, PIN or lock pattern. If someone can’t get past the lock screen they can’t access your text messages.
How do you make your iMessages private?
- Tap “Notifications.” You can use the Search bar at the top to find it as well.
- Under “Notification Style,” scroll until you see the “Messages” tab.
- Under “Options” you’ll see a setting for “Show Previews.” Open the tab and select “Never” or “When Unlocked.”
What does hide Messages mean on Mac?
If you’re restricted to sending and receiving messages with only certain people, an hourglass icon appears next to those people you can’t send messages to. Click the Details button in the top-right corner, then select Hide Alerts to stop notifications; to get message notifications again, deselect Hide Alerts.
How do I recover deleted Messages on my Macbook?
- Sign out of iMessage on your Mac and quit the app.
- Open the Finder.
- Select Go from the Finder menu.
- Locate your library.
- Find a file named [messages] from an iCloud backup date that is before the day the files you are looking for is deleted.
- Open this messages folder.
- Click restore.
How do I see iMessages on my Mac?
- Store your messages in iCloud: Select “Enable Messages in iCloud.” See Use Messages in iCloud.
- You can be reached for messages at: Select the email addresses or phone numbers that other people can use to send you messages.
How do you set Do Not Disturb on Mac?
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Notifications. Open Notifications preferences for me.
- Click Do Not Disturb at the top of the sidebar, then set options to schedule it.
To do this, click Messages > Preferences from the menu bar at the top of your Mac’s screen. In the Messages Preferences menu that appears, click the “iMessage” tab. To completely disable the Messages app, click the “Sign Out” button next to your Apple ID under the “Settings” tab.
How do I change my text message settings?
- From the messaging app, tap the Menu icon.
- Tap ‘Settings’ or ‘Messaging’ settings.
- If applicable, tap ‘Notifications’ or ‘Notification settings’.
- Configure the following received notification options as preferred:
- Configure the following ringtone options:
How do I hide my text messages from my girlfriends iPhone?
- Go to your iPhone Settings.
- Find Notifications.
- Scroll down and find Messages.
- Under the Options section.
- Change to Never (message will not show on lock screen) or When Unlocked (more useful since you likely would be actively using the phone)
How do I encrypt my text messages?
Open the Android Market app on your device and install the Secret Message app. Enter a secret key into the Secret Key box at the top of the app’s screen, type the message you want to encrypt into the Message box, tap “Encrypt” and tap “Send via SMS” to send the encrypted message.