To get started, simply click the Control Center icon (toggle switches) from the menu bar. You’ll find it next to the date and time. Here, click the AirPlay button from the Sound section. Now, select your HomePod mini to switch to it.
You asked, how do I connect my HomePod mini to my MacBook Pro?
- Make sure your Mac and HomePod are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open an app on your Mac that can stream content.
- Click the AirPlay button, which looks like or , depending on the app.
- Select the checkbox next to your HomePod in the list of devices, then choose some content to stream from your Mac.
Likewise, can you set up HomePod with MacBook? Apple’s first-party audio accessories, like its HomePod and AirPods devices, are designed to work seamlessly with other Apple products. … But both HomePod and AirPods can be used with computers devices like your Mac or MacBook.
People ask also, how do I connect my Apple HomePod to my laptop?
- Stream music and video from Apple Music.
- Play songs.
- Play Apple Music radio.
- Listen to internet radio.
Similarly, how do I use my HomePod mini as a Mac Mini Speaker?
- On either the Home or Rooms tab, tap and hold the icon for your HomePod.
- Tap Settings at the bottom of the next screen.
- Now on the settings screen, scroll to the very bottom. You should see Wi-Fi Address; tap it and your Wi-Fi Network will display.
What’s the difference between HomePod and HomePod mini?
As the name implies, the main difference between the two devices is the size. Standing just under 8.5cm tall, HomePod mini is less than half the height of the standard HomePod. It very much shares its sibling’s design DNA, but in the same breath it also looks quite different.
Why won’t my iPhone connect to HomePod?
Make sure that your device is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS and has the Home and Music app. Make sure that your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Also check that the Music app and Home app are installed on the device that you’re using to set up HomePod.
How do you put HomePod in pairing mode?
How do I AirPlay to HomePod?
- Open System Preferences on your Mac.
- Click on Sound.
- Select Output in the top bar.
- Scroll through the options to find the correct HomePod (it’ll say AirPlay next to it), and click on it to select it as the Mac’s sound output.
How do I connect my HomePod mini to my computer?
- Download and install AirParrot on your computer.
- Make sure your HomePod and computer are on the same wifi network.
- Launch AirParrot on your PC.
- Under the “To” section in the AirParrot menu, select the name of your HomePod(s) to begin streaming.
How do I connect HomePod to iTunes?
You need to set the Homepod(s) as output from iTunes on a Mac. Then use iTunes on that Mac to play music from your library. Homepods don’t work with Homesharing like Apple TVs and so cannot directly access your iTunes library.
Can you use Apple HomePod as a computer speaker?
It is currently possible to turn a HomePod stereo pair into a set of desktop Mac speakers, though the process is much more complicated and limited. You need to use the AirPlay menu to select the pair as an output, and can then only use it for playback through the AirPlay and Music apps.
Can you use HomePod as a Bluetooth speaker?
While your HomePod Mini uses Bluetooth for some connectivity, you can’t use one as a Bluetooth speaker. The only way to use audio with a HomePod Mini is by using an Apple device like an iPhone, iPad, Macbook, iMac, or an Apple TV.
How do I turn on HomePod mini?
Can you pair 2 HomePod mini?
First of all, it’s only possible to stereo pair a HomePod to another HomePod or a HomePod mini to another HomePod mini. You can’t stereo pair a HomePod to a HomePod mini. You will also need to make sure the two HomePods you want to stereo pair are assigned to the same room.
Why is my HomePod mini not connecting?
Restart HomePod Open the Home app on the primary user’s iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. On iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, press and hold HomePod. On Mac, double-click HomePod. Scroll down and tap or click Reset HomePod, then select Restart HomePod.