Connect HomePod Minis to your Apple TV To create a surround-sound system, you’ll use AirPlay to send the Apple TV’s sound to the HomePod Minis. … Select the device or devices you want to send the Apple TV audio to, in this case the HomePod Mini pair, and you’re good to go.
Likewise, how do I connect my HomePod mini to my Apple TV?
Correspondingly, can you pair HomePod with Apple TV? You can connect one or two HomePod speakers to Apple TV 4K to enjoy room-filling stereo sound. When you set up a second HomePod as a stereo pair, you get true stereo sound and a more immersive sound stage for your home theater.
Quick Answer, can Apple TV connect to HomePod mini 4K? HomePod mini does not support home theater surround sound, but you can stream audio from Apple TV to HomePod mini or a HomePod mini stereo pair using AirPlay. Note: Home theater requires Apple TV 4K with tvOS 14.2 or later. … Tap Default Audio Output, then tap the room with your HomePod or HomePod stereo pair.
You asked, how do I use my HomePod mini as a Bluetooth speaker?
How do I put my HomePod mini in pairing mode?
- Launch the Home app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Make sure both HomePod speakers are in the same room.
- Touch and hold one of the HomePods.
- Swipe up and tap the cog icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Tap Use as Stereo Pair and follow the onscreen instructions.
How do I use HomePod mini as Apple TV speaker?
- In the Home app on your iOS or iPadOS device, touch and hold Apple TV.
- Scroll down, then tap .
- Tap Default Audio Output, then tap the room with your HomePod or HomePod stereo pair. Note: This setting routes all sound, including navigation clicks, from Apple TV to your HomePod.
Is Apple discontinuing the HomePod?
We are discontinuing the original HomePod, it will continue to be available while supplies last through the Apple Online Store, Apple Retail Stores, and Apple Authorized Resellers. Apple will provide HomePod customers with software updates and service and support through Apple Care.
How do I connect my HomePod to my TV without Apple TV?
- Open the Home app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap and hold the HomePod icon.
- Scroll down and tap Create Stereo Pair.
- Select the HomePods you’d like to pair together.
- Adjust the audio output so they’re assigned to the correct channels.
Is HomePod worth it 2020?
Apple’s HomePod is the best-sounding wireless smart speaker available, and you can control it by voice using Apple’s virtual assistant, Siri. But the HomePod is worth considering only if you’re an iPhone owner and a subscriber to Apple Music (or are willing to be)—don’t buy it if you want to keep streaming Spotify.
How do I connect my Apple TV to HomePod HD?
- On the Apple TV, go to Settings and then Video and Audio.
- Scroll down to find Audio Output.
- In Audio Output, you should see a list of all the AirPlay speakers on the network. The HomePod will appear here. Select it and it should connect in a second or two.
How many HomePod Minis can you pair?
Two HomePod minis can be paired together to create a stereo pair with left and right channels for rich sound, and multiple HomePod minis can work together throughout the home to stream music to multiple rooms. Two HomePod minis can be paired, but HomePod mini can’t be paired to HomePod.
Can I use the HomePod as a Bluetooth speaker?
Though HomePod is designed to work with an Apple Music subscription, it is able to play content from third-party services from an iOS device or a Mac using peer-to-peer AirPlay. … HomePod also does not work as a standard Bluetooth speaker with non-Apple devices using a Bluetooth connection.
How do I make my HomePod mini discoverable?
Can you connect to HomePod mini with Bluetooth?
The HomePod Mini uses both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, but you can’t use it as a Bluetooth speaker replacement. For those applications, you’re better off using a product like the Sonos Roam (on Amazon). … Basically, your HomePod can access Bluetooth via Apple’s HomeKit for smart devices.
Why is my HomePod mini not connecting?
Restart HomePod Open the Home app on the primary user’s iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. On iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, press and hold HomePod. On Mac, double-click HomePod. Scroll down and tap or click Reset HomePod, then select Restart HomePod.