- Plug HomePod in to power.
- Unlock your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and hold it next to HomePod.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to choose your HomePod settings.
- When asked, center HomePod in the viewfinder on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to complete pairing.
- Wait for HomePod to finish setup.
You asked, can you connect two iPhones to HomePod? Learn more. HomePod supports up to six users in a home. If you have more than six household users or guests in your home, they can still use Siri on HomePod to play music. The music will play from the primary user’s account and that person’s taste profile won’t be affected.
Correspondingly, how do I add a second phone to HomePod? On their iPhone or iPad. Your family member, or whoever else you want to be recognized by your HomePod, must be part of your Home network. If they aren’t, go to the Home app on your device, tap the House icon at top left again, and then under the People section, tap on Invite… to send them an invitation.
You asked, can multiple phones connect to HomePod mini? See Share control of your home – Apple Support to allow multiple users to control your HomeKit accessories and Use multiuser on HomePod – Apple Support. You can also configure HomePod to allow AirPlay from those sharing your home, anyone connected to your Wi-Fi network, or anyone in range of the device.
Likewise, can you set up multiple phones to HomePod? Now, when any of these invited people (who also have Hey Siri set up on their iPhones) speak to the Siri of your HomePod, they’ll get personalized responses. Up to six people can be added to the HomePod multiuser system.Luckily, Siri’s multi-user function can accommodate up to six people. Anyone you give this privilege to will be able to call upon Siri. Before Siri can recognize your friends’ and family’s voices, you have to enable the multi-user feature.
Can guests use HomePod?
They must also have an Apple device, this isn’t going to work on Android. Open the Home app, then L-R, choose Home Settings and invite people. … With a HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV, or iPad, set up as a home hub, you can control your home remotely. And you can invite people from anywhere you are.
How do I add a user to HomePod?
- Launch the Home app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Press and hold on the HomePod or grouped HomePods that you want to assign a primary user.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap the settings button (the cog icon) in the bottom-right corner of the interface.
How do I connect to someone’s HomePod?
- Launch the Home app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the Home tab.
- Tap the Home Settings icon in the upper left corner. It looks like an arrow inside a circle.
- Tap Invite.
- Enter the person’s Apple ID.
- Tap Send Invite.
How do I connect my HomePod mini to my new phone?
Is the HomePod discontinued?
We are discontinuing the original HomePod, it will continue to be available while supplies last through the Apple Online Store, Apple Retail Stores, and Apple Authorized Resellers. Apple will provide HomePod customers with software updates and service and support through Apple Care.
What’s the difference between HomePod and HomePod mini?
As the name implies, the main difference between the two devices is the size. Standing just under 8.5cm tall, HomePod mini is less than half the height of the standard HomePod. It very much shares its sibling’s design DNA, but in the same breath it also looks quite different.
How do I authenticate HomePod on my iPhone?
To set up voice recognition on HomePod, each member of the home must do the following on their iOS or iPadOS device: Go to Settings > [user name] > Password & Security, then make sure Two-Factor Authentication is turned on. , then make sure Listen for “Hey Siri” is turned on. , then follow the onscreen instructions.
Add a user to HomePod To let Siri recognise who in the family is speaking and manage their calendar, make phone calls, play their own music and more, turn on the following settings: Go to Settings > Siri & Search. Turn on Listen for “Hey Siri”. Go to Settings > [your name] > Find My > and turn on Share My Location.
How do I add a second voice to Siri on iPhone?
- Open the Home app on your device and click on the House symbol.
- Under the house symbol, click on the people section.
- And then click on ‘invite.
- After that, turn on “Listen for ‘Hey, Siri’” on your HomePod’s section in the Home App.
- Then turn on “Listen for ‘Hey, Siri’” on your iPhone or iPad as well.
How do I add another voice to Siri?
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll to and open the “Siri & Search” tab.
- Under the “Ask Siri” heading is a “Siri Voice” category. Open the tab.
- Choose your preferred new Siri voice based on accent and gender.
Can my friends connect to my HomePod?
HomePod comes with peer-to-peer Airplay so even if your friends aren’t on your Wi-Fi network, they can still kick out the jams. … They can just AirPlay it directly from their device. Apple included peer-to-peer AirPlay support for HomePod so they can share their music with me, too.