There are two ways to do this. You can click the sound icon in the menu bar and select your paired HomePods from there. Alternatively, launch System Preferences, click the Sound pane, and select your HomePods in the AirPlay section of the devices list.
Best answer for this question, can I connect HomePod mini to Macbook? As long as your HomePod mini and your Mac are on the same Wi-Fi network, you can use the HomePod mini as a Mac speaker. You don’t need to use the same Apple ID on both devices. Once both of them are on the same Wi-Fi network, the HomePod mini will show up directly in any AirPlay menu on your Mac.
As many you asked, can you set up a HomePod with a Mac? You can’t set up HomePod with Mac.
Furthermore, how do I connect my HomePod to my computer?
- In the iTunes app on your PC, do any of the following to play music: Stream music and video from Apple Music.
- Click the AirPlay button at the top of the iTunes window, then select the checkbox next to HomePod. Whatever song you were playing in iTunes on your computer now plays on HomePod too.
Additionally, can you use HomePod as a computer speaker? It is currently possible to turn a HomePod stereo pair into a set of desktop Mac speakers, though the process is much more complicated and limited. You need to use the AirPlay menu to select the pair as an output, and can then only use it for playback through the AirPlay and Music apps.
- Open the Spotify app on your iPhone.
- Play the song or playlist.
- Tap the Speakers icon.
- Tap AirPlay or Bluetooth under Select a device.
- Select the HomePod you want to play the music on.
- If you are already playing something else on that HomePod, you will have to tap Replace.
How do I AirPlay to HomePod?
- Open System Preferences on your Mac.
- Click on Sound.
- Select Output in the top bar.
- Scroll through the options to find the correct HomePod (it’ll say AirPlay next to it), and click on it to select it as the Mac’s sound output.
How do you put HomePod in pairing mode?
Why won’t my iPhone connect to HomePod?
Make sure that your device is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS and has the Home and Music app. Make sure that your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Also check that the Music app and Home app are installed on the device that you’re using to set up HomePod.
Why is my HomePod not connecting?
If you recently changed your Wi-Fi password or moved HomePod to a new location, wait a few seconds, then ask Siri a question to see if HomePod is connected to Wi-Fi. … If you set up HomePod to use one of these networks, you’ll need to reset HomePod and set it up again on a different Wi-Fi network.
How do I know what WIFI my HomePod is on?
- On either the Home or Rooms tab, tap and hold the icon for your HomePod.
- Tap Settings at the bottom of the next screen.
- Now on the settings screen, scroll to the very bottom. You should see Wi-Fi Address; tap it and your Wi-Fi Network will display.
How do I connect HomePod to iTunes?
You need to set the Homepod(s) as output from iTunes on a Mac. Then use iTunes on that Mac to play music from your library. Homepods don’t work with Homesharing like Apple TVs and so cannot directly access your iTunes library.
How do I find my Apple HomePod MAC address?
Connect your Homepod to your iPhone with a Pairing setup. Once the Homepod is paired with iPhone > Check on your Android devices under the list of all connected devices. Homepod should appear on connected devices list on android mobile > Tap on it and see the Mac address.
Is Apple discontinuing the HomePod?
We are discontinuing the original HomePod, it will continue to be available while supplies last through the Apple Online Store, Apple Retail Stores, and Apple Authorized Resellers. Apple will provide HomePod customers with software updates and service and support through Apple Care.
How do I get my computer to play sound through HomePod?
- Download and install AirParrot on your computer.
- Make sure your HomePod and computer are on the same wifi network.
- Launch AirParrot on your PC.
- Under the “To” section in the AirParrot menu, select the name of your HomePod(s) to begin streaming.
Is the HomePod always listening?
Aside from iOS devices, Hey Siri always listens for questions and commands on the HomePod and HomePod mini smart speakers. … Those parties later reported hearing a wide range of personal and private interactions from Apple customers, even when users did not use the “Hey Siri” keyphrase.
How do I access HomePod settings?
To access HomePod settings, open the Home app, tap the Home tab, long press on the HomePod tile, and tap the Details button in the bottom right-hand corner.