- In the iTunes app on your PC, do any of the following to play music: Stream music and video from Apple Music.
- Click the AirPlay button at the top of the iTunes window, then select the checkbox next to HomePod.
Moreover, can HomePod be used as computer speaker? It is currently possible to turn a HomePod stereo pair into a set of desktop Mac speakers, though the process is much more complicated and limited. You need to use the AirPlay menu to select the pair as an output, and can then only use it for playback through the AirPlay and Music apps.
Also, how do I connect HomePod to Windows? Open AirParrot 3 on your computer and tap ‘Audio Only’ to stream music from Spotify, Apple Music, or another program. You can also select ‘Media’ to stream an MP3 or MP4 file. Next, under the “To” section, select your HomePod to connect the devices.
Beside above, can you connect to HomePod with Bluetooth? HomePod does support Bluetooth 5.0, but it is not able to play music from non-iOS devices using a Bluetooth connection.
In this regard, how do I use HomePod as a speaker?
- Open the Home app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap and hold the HomePod icon.
- Scroll down and tap Create Stereo Pair.
- Select the HomePods you’d like to pair together.
- Adjust the audio output so they’re assigned to the correct channels.
To get started, simply click the Control Center icon (toggle switches) from the menu bar. You’ll find it next to the date and time. Here, click the AirPlay button from the Sound section. Now, select your HomePod mini to switch to it.
How do I make my HomePod discoverable?
Does HomePod use Wi-Fi or Bluetooth?
HomePod is not a conventional Bluetooth speaker. You must have a working Wi-Fi connection in order to set up HomePod. Once suitably configured it is possible to use HomePod for peer to peer AirPlay when a Wi-Fi connection to the Internet isn’t available. See Allow others to control audio on HomePod and allow access for.
How do I connect my Bluetooth to HomePod?
- Plug HomePod in to power.
- Unlock your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and hold it next to HomePod.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to choose your HomePod settings.
- When asked, center HomePod in the viewfinder on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to complete pairing.
- Wait for HomePod to finish setup.
Is Apple discontinuing the HomePod?
We are discontinuing the original HomePod, it will continue to be available while supplies last through the Apple Online Store, Apple Retail Stores, and Apple Authorized Resellers. Apple will provide HomePod customers with software updates and service and support through Apple Care.
How can I make my HomePod sound better?
If for some reason you aren’t happy with the sound your speaker is creating, pick up the HomePod, lift it in the air, and replace it where you want the speaker to go. This should automatically force the speaker to calibrate the sound again – something that takes seconds, and the audio should be improved.
Can I set up HomePod without WIFI?
Answer: A: A Wi-Fi connection to the Internet is required to set up and configure HomePod. Once that it is done it is possible to configure HomePod for peer-to-peer AirPlay connections that can work independently of Wi-Fi.
How do I connect my HomePod to Windows 10?
- Download and install AirParrot on your computer.
- Make sure your HomePod and computer are on the same wifi network.
- Launch AirParrot on your PC.
- Under the “To” section in the AirParrot menu, select the name of your HomePod(s) to begin streaming.
How do I know what WIFI my HomePod is on?
- On either the Home or Rooms tab, tap and hold the icon for your HomePod.
- Tap Settings at the bottom of the next screen.
- Now on the settings screen, scroll to the very bottom. You should see Wi-Fi Address; tap it and your Wi-Fi Network will display.
How do I pair HomePod mini?
Why is my HomePod not connecting?
If you recently changed your Wi-Fi password or moved HomePod to a new location, wait a few seconds, then ask Siri a question to see if HomePod is connected to Wi-Fi. … If you set up HomePod to use one of these networks, you’ll need to reset HomePod and set it up again on a different Wi-Fi network.
Why won’t my iPhone connect to HomePod?
Make sure that your device is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS and has the Home and Music app. Make sure that your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Also check that the Music app and Home app are installed on the device that you’re using to set up HomePod.