- Open the Home app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap and hold the HomePod icon.
- Scroll down and tap Create Stereo Pair.
- Select the HomePods you’d like to pair together.
- Adjust the audio output so they’re assigned to the correct channels.
In this regard, can I connect my HomePod to my TV? The HomePod cannot be connected directly to a TV. As a wireless Bluetooth device, HomePod must connect to an Apple TV device via AirPlay to play audio from a television.
You asked, can I use HomePod Mini as a TV speaker? You can use an Apple HomePod Mini as a soundbar, but you have to use it with the new Apple TV 4K. … Then on the Apple TV 4K, hold the home button down on the remote to open the control center, select the AirPlay icon, then select the HomePod Mini. Audio will now play from the HomePod Mini instead of your TV’s speakers.
Additionally, how do I connect my Apple TV to HomePod?
- On the Apple TV, go to Settings and then Video and Audio.
- Scroll down to find Audio Output.
- In Audio Output, you should see a list of all the AirPlay speakers on the network. The HomePod will appear here. Select it and it should connect in a second or two.
Moreover, can you connect HomePod to TV without Apple TV? Yes, apple tv is not needed for airplay 2 or even homekit. The HomePod can be both an airplay 2 speaker as well as a homekit hub that Apple TV would normally acts as (the homekit hub.)Apple’s HomePod is the best-sounding wireless smart speaker available, and you can control it by voice using Apple’s virtual assistant, Siri. But the HomePod is worth considering only if you’re an iPhone owner and a subscriber to Apple Music (or are willing to be)—don’t buy it if you want to keep streaming Spotify.
Can I connect to HomePod with Bluetooth?
HomePod does support Bluetooth 5.0, but it is not able to play music from non-iOS devices using a Bluetooth connection.
How do I use HomePod as a TV speaker?
If you want to use two HomePod speakers, create a stereo pair, then assign the stereo pair to the same room as your Apple TV in the Home app. Turn on your Apple TV. You’ll be asked if you want to Use HomePod as TV Speakers. Select Use as TV Speakers to turn on home theater audio.
How do I put my HomePod mini in pairing mode?
- Launch the Home app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Make sure both HomePod speakers are in the same room.
- Touch and hold one of the HomePods.
- Swipe up and tap the cog icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Tap Use as Stereo Pair and follow the onscreen instructions.
How do I connect my Bluetooth to my HomePod mini?
Is Apple discontinuing the HomePod?
We are discontinuing the original HomePod, it will continue to be available while supplies last through the Apple Online Store, Apple Retail Stores, and Apple Authorized Resellers. Apple will provide HomePod customers with software updates and service and support through Apple Care.
How do I connect my HomePod to my WIFI?
Long-press on your HomePod to access its settings. Here, at the top, you’ll be detailed why you’re facing the Wi-Fi network issue. Scroll down in this menu to access more options. Now, you’ll see the message that your iPhone is connected to a different Wi-Fi network.
How do I restore HomePod?
- Unplug HomePod or unplug the power adapter for HomePod mini, wait 10 seconds, then plug it back in.
- Wait 10 seconds, then touch your finger to the top of HomePod and hold it there.
- The white spinning light will turn red. Keep your finger down.
- Siri will say that your HomePod is about to reset.
What TVs work with HomePod?
- Apple TV 4K: With this model, all video is 4K HDR, which provides a crisp and realistic picture; this the best option as far as UHD TVs go.
- Apple TV HD: This is an older model but continues to render high-quality HD videos for compatibility with all HDTVs.
Can you put a HomePod in a bathroom?
From HomePod User Guide – Support & Safety: Do not expose HomePod to moisture, dampness or wet weather, such as rain, snow or fog. A bathroom is not the place for a HomePod.
What is the HomePod good for?
HomePod is a breakthrough speaker with high‑fidelity audio that adapts to its location. Both help you take care of everyday tasks with Siri, control your smart home, set up multiroom audio, and send Intercom messages to every room.
Does HomePod have a screen?
How would a HomePod with a screen work? According to Bloomberg the HomePod will have a screen mounted on a robotic arm so that the camera could follow you around the room. It could be a bit like the Amazon Echo Show 10, which combines a display that moves automatically with Amazon’s speaker.