First, make sure that your HomePod and Mac are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Click the speaker icon in the menu bar on the Mac, and select the HomePod from the list of connected devices. Once selected, all music and other audio on the Mac should start streaming to your HomePod.
Correspondingly, can I connect my macbook pro to HomePod? AirPlay lets you stream content, such as music and podcasts, from many apps on your Mac to your HomePod. Make sure your Mac and HomePod are on the same Wi-Fi network. Select the checkbox next to your HomePod in the list of devices, then choose some content to stream from your Mac. …
Additionally, how do I connect my Macbook to HomePod? Open the Apple Music app on your Mac, select the AirPlay icon in the top-right corner, and select the stereo-paired HomePod minis as the default speakers. Be sure to deselect your computer’s speakers, too.
Furthermore, how do I connect my HomePod mini to my Macbook Pro?
- Plug HomePod in to power.
- Unlock your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and hold it next to HomePod.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to choose your HomePod settings.
- When asked, center HomePod in the viewfinder on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to complete pairing.
- Wait for HomePod to finish setup.
Also, can you use HomePod as Mac speaker? With the arrival of macOS Big Sur 11.3, it is now possible to use a HomePod stereo pair as your Mac’s system audio output. This article explains how to set up two HomePod speakers as a stereo pair and then connect them to your Mac. … Note that system sounds will remain playing only on your Mac’s built-in speakers.As long as your HomePod mini and your Mac are on the same Wi-Fi network, you can use the HomePod mini as a Mac speaker. You don’t need to use the same Apple ID on both devices. Once both of them are on the same Wi-Fi network, the HomePod mini will show up directly in any AirPlay menu on your Mac.
Can’t connect to HomePod?
Restart HomePod Open the Home app on the primary user’s iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. On iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, press and hold HomePod. On Mac, double-click HomePod. Scroll down and tap or click Reset HomePod, then select Restart HomePod.
How do I connect my HomePod to my computer?
- In the iTunes app on your PC, do any of the following to play music: Stream music and video from Apple Music.
- Click the AirPlay button at the top of the iTunes window, then select the checkbox next to HomePod. Whatever song you were playing in iTunes on your computer now plays on HomePod too.
How do I know what WIFI my HomePod is on?
- On either the Home or Rooms tab, tap and hold the icon for your HomePod.
- Tap Settings at the bottom of the next screen.
- Now on the settings screen, scroll to the very bottom. You should see Wi-Fi Address; tap it and your Wi-Fi Network will display.
How do I connect my Spotify to HomePod?
- Open the Spotify app on your iPhone.
- Play the song or playlist.
- Tap the Speakers icon.
- Tap AirPlay or Bluetooth under Select a device.
- Select the HomePod you want to play the music on.
- If you are already playing something else on that HomePod, you will have to tap Replace.
How do I put my HomePod mini in pairing mode?
- Launch the Home app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Make sure both HomePod speakers are in the same room.
- Touch and hold one of the HomePods.
- Swipe up and tap the cog icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Tap Use as Stereo Pair and follow the onscreen instructions.
How do you put HomePod in pairing mode?
Can you pair 2 HomePod mini?
First of all, it’s only possible to stereo pair a HomePod to another HomePod or a HomePod mini to another HomePod mini. You can’t stereo pair a HomePod to a HomePod mini. You will also need to make sure the two HomePods you want to stereo pair are assigned to the same room.
Is the HomePod discontinued?
We are discontinuing the original HomePod, it will continue to be available while supplies last through the Apple Online Store, Apple Retail Stores, and Apple Authorized Resellers. Apple will provide HomePod customers with software updates and service and support through Apple Care.
How do I make HomePod my default sound on Mac?
If you notice a red badge next to AirPlay and HomeKit, head there first and get that set up, if not skip to step 3. Select Video and Audio. Now choose Default Audio Output. You’ll now see available HomePod speakers to set as the default.
What’s the difference between HomePod and HomePod mini?
As the name implies, the main difference between the two devices is the size. Standing just under 8.5cm tall, HomePod mini is less than half the height of the standard HomePod. It very much shares its sibling’s design DNA, but in the same breath it also looks quite different.
Why is HomePod discontinued?
Apple on March 12, 2021, announced that it has discontinued the full-sized HomePod in order to focus its efforts on the HomePod mini. The HomePod was available to purchase from the Online Apple Store, Apple retail locations, and third-party retailers, until supplies ran out, and then Apple discontinued it.