Click the speaker icon in the menu bar on the Mac, and select the HomePod from the list of connected devices. Once selected, all music and other audio on the Mac should start streaming to your HomePod. It is possible to stream to two HomePods from a Mac at the same time, using the iTunes app.
Amazingly, how do I connect my Mac to HomePod?
- Make sure your Mac and HomePod are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open an app on your Mac that can stream content.
- Click the AirPlay button, which looks like or , depending on the app.
- Select the checkbox next to your HomePod in the list of devices, then choose some content to stream from your Mac.
Also the question is, can you use Macbook with HomePod? As long as your HomePod mini and your Mac are on the same Wi-Fi network, you can use the HomePod mini as a Mac speaker. You don’t need to use the same Apple ID on both devices. Once both of them are on the same Wi-Fi network, the HomePod mini will show up directly in any AirPlay menu on your Mac.
Moreover, how do I connect my HomePod mini to my Macbook Pro?
- Plug HomePod in to power.
- Unlock your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and hold it next to HomePod.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to choose your HomePod settings.
- When asked, center HomePod in the viewfinder on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to complete pairing.
- Wait for HomePod to finish setup.
Frequent question, how do I AirPlay from Macbook to HomePod?
- Open System Preferences on your Mac.
- Click on Sound.
- Select Output in the top bar.
- Scroll through the options to find the correct HomePod (it’ll say AirPlay next to it), and click on it to select it as the Mac’s sound output.
- Open the Spotify app on your iPhone.
- Play the song or playlist.
- Tap the Speakers icon.
- Tap AirPlay or Bluetooth under Select a device.
- Select the HomePod you want to play the music on.
- If you are already playing something else on that HomePod, you will have to tap Replace.
How do I connect my HomePod to a new WIFI?
Tap and hold or 3D Touch the HomePod icon for the specific HomePod you’re having issues with. At the top a message will appear that says “This HomePod is on a different Wi-Fi network than this iPhone. Move HomePod to ‘(Wi-Fi name)’”. Give it a few seconds and HomePod will automatically connect to the new Wi-Fi network.
Is the HomePod discontinued?
We are discontinuing the original HomePod, it will continue to be available while supplies last through the Apple Online Store, Apple Retail Stores, and Apple Authorized Resellers. Apple will provide HomePod customers with software updates and service and support through Apple Care.
Can I connect my HomePod to my PC?
iTunes runs natively in Windows and offers its own built-in AirPlay functionality. … Once your music is playing, click the AirPlay icon to the right of the volume slider. This will display any available audio output interfaces available to iTunes, including your AirPlay-capable speakers like the HomePod.
Can you use Apple HomePod as a computer speaker?
It is currently possible to turn a HomePod stereo pair into a set of desktop Mac speakers, though the process is much more complicated and limited. You need to use the AirPlay menu to select the pair as an output, and can then only use it for playback through the AirPlay and Music apps.
How do I put my HomePod mini in pairing mode?
- Launch the Home app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Make sure both HomePod speakers are in the same room.
- Touch and hold one of the HomePods.
- Swipe up and tap the cog icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Tap Use as Stereo Pair and follow the onscreen instructions.
Why won’t my iPhone connect to HomePod?
Make sure that your device is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS and has the Home and Music app. Make sure that your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Also check that the Music app and Home app are installed on the device that you’re using to set up HomePod.
Why is my HomePod not connecting?
If you recently changed your Wi-Fi password or moved HomePod to a new location, wait a few seconds, then ask Siri a question to see if HomePod is connected to Wi-Fi. … If you set up HomePod to use one of these networks, you’ll need to reset HomePod and set it up again on a different Wi-Fi network.
How do I AirPlay to HomePod?
Connect HomePod Minis to your Apple TV To create a surround-sound system, you’ll use AirPlay to send the Apple TV’s sound to the HomePod Minis. Press and hold the home button on the Siri remote to open the control center. Select the audio controls button and a list of available audio devices will appear.
How do I AirPlay from Mac to Spotify?
- Open System Preferences using the icon in your Dock or Apple icon > System Preferences from the menu bar.
- Select Sound and pick the Output tab.
- Pick your HomePod in the list of output devices.
How do I know what WIFI my HomePod is on?
- On either the Home or Rooms tab, tap and hold the icon for your HomePod.
- Tap Settings at the bottom of the next screen.
- Now on the settings screen, scroll to the very bottom. You should see Wi-Fi Address; tap it and your Wi-Fi Network will display.
How do I access HomePod settings?
To access HomePod settings, open the Home app, tap the Home tab, long press on the HomePod tile, and tap the Details button in the bottom right-hand corner.