- Launch the Home app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Make sure both HomePod speakers are in the same room.
- Touch and hold one of the HomePods.
- Swipe up and tap the cog icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Tap Create Stereo Pair.
Furthermore, how do you put HomePod in pairing mode?
Considering this, how do I reconnect my HomePod? Restart HomePod Open the Home app on the primary user’s iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. On iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, press and hold HomePod. On Mac, double-click HomePod. Scroll down and tap or click Reset HomePod, then select Restart HomePod.
You asked, how do I connect my HomePod to my WIFI?
Likewise, why won’t my iPhone connect to HomePod? Make sure that your device is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS and has the Home and Music app. Make sure that your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Also check that the Music app and Home app are installed on the device that you’re using to set up HomePod.
- Plug HomePod in to power.
- Unlock your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and hold it next to HomePod.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to choose your HomePod settings.
- When asked, center HomePod in the viewfinder on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to complete pairing.
- Wait for HomePod to finish setup.
How do I manually reset HomePod?
- Unplug HomePod or unplug the power adapter for HomePod mini, wait 10 seconds, then plug it back in.
- Wait 10 seconds, then touch your finger to the top of HomePod and hold it there.
- The white spinning light will turn red. Keep your finger down.
- Siri will say that your HomePod is about to reset.
How do I enable Apple HomePod?
Does HomePod use Wi-Fi or Bluetooth?
Cheers! HomePod is not a conventional Bluetooth speaker. You must have a working Wi-Fi connection in order to set up HomePod. Once suitably configured it is possible to use HomePod for peer to peer AirPlay when a Wi-Fi connection to the Internet isn’t available.
Can you set up HomePod without Wi-Fi?
From now on, you can use your HomePod without the need for a WiFi connection. You just have to use the playback app on your iPhone or iPad, press the AirPlay icon to send it to the HomePod, and you will see how despite not having WiFi the speaker will appear among the options.
How do I connect my Android to HomePod?
- Step 1: Download the CloudPlayer app. Android phones can stream to HomePods, but they need a little help first.
- Step 2: Find the music you want to listen to on the app.
- Step 3: Cast the music to your HomePod.
- Step 4: Close the app when you are through.
Why is AirPlay not working on my HomePod?
AirPlay isn’t connecting Check to make sure your HomePod is plugged in. … Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and that the HomePod is connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If you’re streaming audio from Apple TV, make sure AirPlay is turned on on your Apple TV.
Can you connect to HomePod with Bluetooth?
HomePod does support Bluetooth 5.0, but it is not able to play music from non-iOS devices using a Bluetooth connection.
How do I play my iPhone through HomePod?
- On your iPhone or iPod touch, go to Settings > General > AirPlay & Handoff, then make sure Transfer to HomePod is turned on.
- Hold your iPhone or iPod touch near the top of HomePod.
How do I AirPlay to HomePod?
- Open System Preferences on your Mac.
- Click on Sound.
- Select Output in the top bar.
- Scroll through the options to find the correct HomePod (it’ll say AirPlay next to it), and click on it to select it as the Mac’s sound output.
Where is the 8 digit code on HomePod?
The serial number is on the bottom of HomePod and HomePod mini.
How do I update HomePod software?
- Make sure that your device is updated to the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, or macOS.
- Open the Home app. Select Home , then Home Settings > Software Update.
- Select HomePod to turn automatic updates on or off. If there’s a new update, select Update.