- On the Apple TV, go to Settings and then Video and Audio.
- Scroll down to find Audio Output.
- In Audio Output, you should see a list of all the AirPlay speakers on the network. The HomePod will appear here. Select it and it should connect in a second or two.
Amazingly, how do I connect my Apple TV to my HomePod mini?
- In the Home app on your iOS or iPadOS device, touch and hold Apple TV.
- Scroll down, then tap .
- Tap Default Audio Output, then tap the room with your HomePod or HomePod stereo pair. Note: This setting routes all sound, including navigation clicks, from Apple TV to your HomePod.
You asked, can HomePod mini control Apple TV? Connect HomePod Minis to your Apple TV Keep in mind, the HomePod Minis and the Apple TV need to be on the same 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network. To create a surround-sound system, you’ll use AirPlay to send the Apple TV’s sound to the HomePod Minis. Press and hold the home button on the Siri remote to open the control center.
Correspondingly, can Apple HomePod play TV? You can connect one or two HomePod speakers to Apple TV 4K to enjoy stereo, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital 7.1 or Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound. When you set up a second HomePod as a stereo pair, you get true stereo sound and a more immersive sound stage for your home theatre.
Subsequently, is Apple discontinuing the HomePod? We are discontinuing the original HomePod, it will continue to be available while supplies last through the Apple Online Store, Apple Retail Stores, and Apple Authorized Resellers. Apple will provide HomePod customers with software updates and service and support through Apple Care.
How do I connect my HomePod to my Smart TV?
- Open the Home app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap and hold the HomePod icon.
- Scroll down and tap Create Stereo Pair.
- Select the HomePods you’d like to pair together.
- Adjust the audio output so they’re assigned to the correct channels.
How do I put my HomePod mini in pairing mode?
- Launch the Home app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Make sure both HomePod speakers are in the same room.
- Touch and hold one of the HomePods.
- Swipe up and tap the cog icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Tap Use as Stereo Pair and follow the onscreen instructions.
Can you stream Bluetooth to HomePod mini?
The HomePod mini is compatible with Bluetooth 5.0 and 802.11n Wi-Fi. Of course, the speaker also works with Apple AirPlay 2, so you can stream directly from Apple devices.
What’s the difference between HomePod and HomePod mini?
As the name implies, the main difference between the two devices is the size. Standing just under 8.5cm tall, HomePod mini is less than half the height of the standard HomePod. It very much shares its sibling’s design DNA, but in the same breath it also looks quite different.
Can you connect HomePod to PS5?
You can’t. PS5 doesn’t have AirPlay.
Can you use HomePod as a Bluetooth speaker?
While your HomePod Mini uses Bluetooth for some connectivity, you can’t use one as a Bluetooth speaker. The only way to use audio with a HomePod Mini is by using an Apple device like an iPhone, iPad, Macbook, iMac, or an Apple TV.
Is Apple HomePod Dolby Atmos?
With HomePod 15 beta 5, Apple has added a new toggle dedicated to Dolby Atmos within the Home app.
Why is Apple HomePod not available?
Almost all of Apple’s stores in the United States have stopped offering the HomePod for in-store purchase and pickup, with the speaker listed as unavailable in nearly all retail locations. … Apple officially discontinued the HomePod in March in order to focus its efforts on the development of the HomePod mini.
Is the HomePod worth it?
Apple’s HomePod is the best-sounding wireless smart speaker available, and you can control it by voice using Apple’s virtual assistant, Siri. But the HomePod is worth considering only if you’re an iPhone owner and a subscriber to Apple Music (or are willing to be)—don’t buy it if you want to keep streaming Spotify.
Can I still buy HomePod?
Apple is discontinuing the original HomePod to focus on the HomePod mini. You can still get software updates, service, and support for the HomePod. But Apple won’t be producing any updated models. Even with the news, the HomePod is still available to purchase through many outlets.