- Make sure your Mac and HomePod are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open an app on your Mac that can stream content.
- Click the AirPlay button, which looks like or , depending on the app.
- Select the checkbox next to your HomePod in the list of devices, then choose some content to stream from your Mac.
Quick Answer, can you set up a HomePod with a Mac? You can’t set up HomePod with Mac.
Similarly, can you use HomePod mini with MacBook? As long as your HomePod mini and your Mac are on the same Wi-Fi network, you can use the HomePod mini as a Mac speaker. You don’t need to use the same Apple ID on both devices. Once both of them are on the same Wi-Fi network, the HomePod mini will show up directly in any AirPlay menu on your Mac.
You asked, how do I get my laptop to play sound through HomePod?
- In the iTunes app on your PC, do any of the following to play music: Stream music and video from Apple Music.
- Click the AirPlay button at the top of the iTunes window, then select the checkbox next to HomePod. Whatever song you were playing in iTunes on your computer now plays on HomePod too.
Likewise, is the HomePod discontinued? We are discontinuing the original HomePod, it will continue to be available while supplies last through the Apple Online Store, Apple Retail Stores, and Apple Authorized Resellers. Apple will provide HomePod customers with software updates and service and support through Apple Care.
Can you use Apple HomePod as a computer speaker?
It is currently possible to turn a HomePod stereo pair into a set of desktop Mac speakers, though the process is much more complicated and limited. You need to use the AirPlay menu to select the pair as an output, and can then only use it for playback through the AirPlay and Music apps.
How do I know what WIFI my HomePod is on?
- On either the Home or Rooms tab, tap and hold the icon for your HomePod.
- Tap Settings at the bottom of the next screen.
- Now on the settings screen, scroll to the very bottom. You should see Wi-Fi Address; tap it and your Wi-Fi Network will display.
What’s the difference between HomePod and HomePod mini?
As the name implies, the main difference between the two devices is the size. Standing just under 8.5cm tall, HomePod mini is less than half the height of the standard HomePod. It very much shares its sibling’s design DNA, but in the same breath it also looks quite different.
Why won’t my iPhone connect to HomePod?
Make sure that your device is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS and has the Home and Music app. Make sure that your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Also check that the Music app and Home app are installed on the device that you’re using to set up HomePod.
Why is HomePod discontinued?
Apple on March 12, 2021, announced that it has discontinued the full-sized HomePod in order to focus its efforts on the HomePod mini. The HomePod was available to purchase from the Online Apple Store, Apple retail locations, and third-party retailers, until supplies ran out, and then Apple discontinued it.
Is the Apple HomePod mini wireless?
No, HomePod mini is not wireless. It ends with a USB-C connector for use, with a 20W power adapter that’s included in the box. The HomePod mini cannot operate by battery power. It also requires a connection to your home’s 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network to function.
Can you use HomePod as a Bluetooth speaker?
While your HomePod Mini uses Bluetooth for some connectivity, you can’t use one as a Bluetooth speaker. The only way to use audio with a HomePod Mini is by using an Apple device like an iPhone, iPad, Macbook, iMac, or an Apple TV.
How do I connect my HomePod mini to my computer?
- Download and install AirParrot on your computer.
- Make sure your HomePod and computer are on the same wifi network.
- Launch AirParrot on your PC.
- Under the “To” section in the AirParrot menu, select the name of your HomePod(s) to begin streaming.
How do I play Spotify through HomePod?
- Open the Spotify app on your iPhone.
- Play the song or playlist.
- Tap the Speakers icon.
- Tap AirPlay or Bluetooth under Select a device.
- Select the HomePod you want to play the music on.
- If you are already playing something else on that HomePod, you will have to tap Replace.
How do I set up HomePod?
Can I still buy HomePod?
Apple is discontinuing the original HomePod to focus on the HomePod mini. You can still get software updates, service, and support for the HomePod. But Apple won’t be producing any updated models. Even with the news, the HomePod is still available to purchase through many outlets.