- Make sure your Mac and HomePod are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open an app on your Mac that can stream content.
- Click the AirPlay button, which looks like or , depending on the app.
- Select the checkbox next to your HomePod in the list of devices, then choose some content to stream from your Mac.
Furthermore, can you set up a HomePod with a Mac? You can’t set up HomePod with Mac.
Also, how do I connect my HomePod to my MacBook? Open the Apple Music app on your Mac, select the AirPlay icon in the top-right corner, and select the stereo-paired HomePod minis as the default speakers.
Similarly, how do I connect my HomePod to my computer?
- In the iTunes app on your PC, do any of the following to play music: Stream music and video from Apple Music.
- Click the AirPlay button at the top of the iTunes window, then select the checkbox next to HomePod. Whatever song you were playing in iTunes on your computer now plays on HomePod too.
Correspondingly, how do I know what WIFI my HomePod is on?
- On either the Home or Rooms tab, tap and hold the icon for your HomePod.
- Tap Settings at the bottom of the next screen.
- Now on the settings screen, scroll to the very bottom. You should see Wi-Fi Address; tap it and your Wi-Fi Network will display.
We are discontinuing the original HomePod, it will continue to be available while supplies last through the Apple Online Store, Apple Retail Stores, and Apple Authorized Resellers. Apple will provide HomePod customers with software updates and service and support through Apple Care.
Why won’t my iPhone connect to HomePod?
Make sure that your device is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS and has the Home and Music app. Make sure that your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Also check that the Music app and Home app are installed on the device that you’re using to set up HomePod.
Why is my HomePod not connecting?
If you recently changed your Wi-Fi password or moved HomePod to a new location, wait a few seconds, then ask Siri a question to see if HomePod is connected to Wi-Fi. … If you set up HomePod to use one of these networks, you’ll need to reset HomePod and set it up again on a different Wi-Fi network.
Can you use Apple HomePod as a computer speaker?
It is currently possible to turn a HomePod stereo pair into a set of desktop Mac speakers, though the process is much more complicated and limited. You need to use the AirPlay menu to select the pair as an output, and can then only use it for playback through the AirPlay and Music apps.
Can HomePod play your iTunes library?
You can use HomePod to play music from the Apple Music catalog. After you set up your HomePod, it plays audio directly from Apple Music or audio sent from an iPhone, iPad, iPod, or Apple TV. See the HomePod User Guide.
How do I connect my HomePod mini to my computer?
- Download and install AirParrot on your computer.
- Make sure your HomePod and computer are on the same wifi network.
- Launch AirParrot on your PC.
- Under the “To” section in the AirParrot menu, select the name of your HomePod(s) to begin streaming.
Can I use HomePod with Windows 10?
Stream Audio from iTunes for Windows to HomePod iTunes runs natively in Windows and offers its own built-in AirPlay functionality. … Uncheck “My Computer” to have the audio play only from the HomePod. You can adjust the volume of your HomePod individually by using its small volume slider in the AirPlay list.
How do I listen to HomePod without WiFi?
- Open the Home app on your iPhone or iPad that is associated with the HomePod.
- Don’t tap on the HomePod icon, instead tap on the little house icon in the top left above where it says My Home.
- Now scroll down to where it says Allow Speaker Access and tap on it.
Can HomePod connect to 5GHz?
The larger ‘OG HomePod’ supports 802.11ac at 5GHz and 2.4GHz at 802.11n.
How do you put HomePod in pairing mode?
Can I still buy HomePod?
Apple is discontinuing the original HomePod to focus on the HomePod mini. You can still get software updates, service, and support for the HomePod. But Apple won’t be producing any updated models. Even with the news, the HomePod is still available to purchase through many outlets.
Is the HomePod worth it?
Apple’s HomePod is the best-sounding wireless smart speaker available, and you can control it by voice using Apple’s virtual assistant, Siri. But the HomePod is worth considering only if you’re an iPhone owner and a subscriber to Apple Music (or are willing to be)—don’t buy it if you want to keep streaming Spotify.