- On your iPhone or iPod touch, go to Settings > General > AirPlay & Handoff, then make sure Transfer to HomePod is turned on.
- Hold your iPhone or iPod touch near the top of HomePod.
Additionally, how do I play my iPhone through HomePod? Open the Music or Podcasts app on your iOS or iPadOS device, then tap the playback controls. , then select your HomePod. To return to the playback screen, tap outside of the AirPlay options. to play the current item, or swipe down from the top of the screen, then select a different item to play.
You asked, can you connect iPhone to HomePod? Wait for a chime and a pulsing white light to appear on the top of HomePod. Unlock your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and hold it next to HomePod. Tap Set Up when it appears on your device’s screen. … When asked, center HomePod in the viewfinder on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to complete pairing.
You asked, can you use HomePod as a Bluetooth speaker? While your HomePod Mini uses Bluetooth for some connectivity, you can’t use one as a Bluetooth speaker. The only way to use audio with a HomePod Mini is by using an Apple device like an iPhone, iPad, Macbook, iMac, or an Apple TV.
Frequent question, can I play music from my phone on HomePod? Android phones can stream to HomePods, but they need a little help first. Start by downloading the CloudPlayer app from Doubletwist: Here’s the Google Store link, and here’s CloudPlayer’s primary website. … It should ask you to sign in with your Google Account, which is necessary for all its streaming abilities to work.Make sure that your device is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS and has the Home and Music app. Make sure that your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Also check that the Music app and Home app are installed on the device that you’re using to set up HomePod.
How do I connect my HomePod mini to my phone?
How do I add a phone to HomePod?
- Update your HomePod or HomePod mini and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the latest software.
- Become a member of the home in the Home app.
- Open the Home app and follow the onscreen steps to let HomePod recognize your voice on every HomePod speaker in the home.
How do I connect my iPhone to my HomePod mini?
How do I set up HomePod?
- Step 1: Open up and place your HomePod mini.
- Step 2: Start the setup process with your iOS device.
- Step 3: Answer questions about location, Siri, and accounts.
- Step 4: Complete HomePod mini pairing.
- Step 5: Say “hi” to Siri.
- Step 6: Connect multiple minis if necessary.
Is Apple discontinuing the HomePod?
We are discontinuing the original HomePod, it will continue to be available while supplies last through the Apple Online Store, Apple Retail Stores, and Apple Authorized Resellers. Apple will provide HomePod customers with software updates and service and support through Apple Care.
Does HomePod use WiFi or Bluetooth?
Cheers! HomePod is not a conventional Bluetooth speaker. You must have a working Wi-Fi connection in order to set up HomePod. Once suitably configured it is possible to use HomePod for peer to peer AirPlay when a Wi-Fi connection to the Internet isn’t available.
How do I use HomePod as a speaker?
- Open the Home app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap and hold the HomePod icon.
- Scroll down and tap Create Stereo Pair.
- Select the HomePods you’d like to pair together.
- Adjust the audio output so they’re assigned to the correct channels.
How do I connect my HomePod to my music?
How do I get my playlist to play on HomePod?
Playlists and Library For items in your library, use the “play my” command and Siri will play albums and songs already added to your library. For everything else, Siri will play any songs available on Apple Music, even if they aren’t in your library yet. “Hey Siri, play my Book Time playlist.”
What is my HomePod playing?
You can see what’s playing on your HomePod at any time either by asking Siri to tell you or by accessing the HomePod via Control Center or the Apple Music app on your iPhone or iPad. To do so you have to be on the same Wi-Fi network.
Why is AirPlay not working on my HomePod?
AirPlay isn’t connecting Check to make sure your HomePod is plugged in. … Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and that the HomePod is connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If you’re streaming audio from Apple TV, make sure AirPlay is turned on on your Apple TV.