How friends can play music on your HomePod or HomePod mini. Though you can only pair one iPhone with your HomePod or HomePod mini, other iPhones and iPads can AirPlay to them. All you have to do is hit the AirPlay button in Control Center, select the right HomePod, and press play!
Subsequently, how do I play my iTunes library on HomePod?
- Stream music and video from Apple Music.
- Play songs.
- Play Apple Music radio.
- Listen to internet radio.
Also know, how do you play a playlist on HomePod? Playlists and Library For items in your library, use the “play my” command and Siri will play albums and songs already added to your library. For everything else, Siri will play any songs available on Apple Music, even if they aren’t in your library yet. “Hey Siri, play my Book Time playlist.”
People ask also, can I play music from my iTunes library on HomePod? You can use HomePod to play music from the Apple Music catalog. After you set up your HomePod, it plays audio directly from Apple Music or audio sent from an iPhone, iPad, iPod, or Apple TV. See the HomePod User Guide.
Furthermore, how do I get my iPhone playlist to play on HomePod? Open the Music or Podcasts app on your iOS or iPadOS device, then tap the playback controls. , then select your HomePod. To return to the playback screen, tap outside of the AirPlay options. to play the current item, or swipe down from the top of the screen, then select a different item to play.Apple lets you you sync your personal library to the cloud, using a subscription service called iTunes Match that costs $25 a year. If you use that, your HomePod can simply play your collection from the cloud. The catch: In order to use iTunes Match, you need to upgrade to a recent version of macOS first.
- 1 How do I connect my HomePod to my music?
- 2 How do I play my playlist on HomePod mini?
- 3 Can you use HomePod as a Bluetooth speaker?
- 4 What is my HomePod playing?
- 5 How do I play music from HomePod without my iPhone?
- 6 Can Siri play my iTunes library?
- 7 Why won’t my iPhone connect to HomePod?
- 8 How do I connect my iPhone to my HomePod?
- 9 How do I transfer music from HomePod to my iPhone?
- 10 How do I use my HomePod mini as a Bluetooth speaker?
- 11 Is Apple discontinuing the HomePod?
How do I connect my HomePod to my music?
How do I play my playlist on HomePod mini?
- Say “Hey, Siri, play some music”.
- Say “Hey, Siri, play some rock” and Siri will start playing rock music from an Apple Music radio station.
- Say “Hey, Siri, play rock music from my library” and Siri will only play rock tunes from your music.
Can you use HomePod as a Bluetooth speaker?
While your HomePod Mini uses Bluetooth for some connectivity, you can’t use one as a Bluetooth speaker. The only way to use audio with a HomePod Mini is by using an Apple device like an iPhone, iPad, Macbook, iMac, or an Apple TV.
What is my HomePod playing?
You can see what your HomePod is currently playing from Control Center. Simply open the Control Center, and long-press on the music widget. You’ll then see the controls for Music on your phone, or you can scroll down to see the now playing on your HomePod.
How do I play music from HomePod without my iPhone?
Use Siri on HomePod And, you don’t need your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to be present to use Siri to play music, control your home, or to ask questions. Just say “Hey Siri,” then make your request.
Can Siri play my iTunes library?
If you have an Apple Music subscription, then you can ask Siri to play anything from the Apple Music catalog, your library, and access features, like finding songs by lyrics and adding music to your library. … On iOS and watchOS, you can also use Siri to play music from third-party apps that support SiriKit.
Why won’t my iPhone connect to HomePod?
Make sure that your device is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS and has the Home and Music app. Make sure that your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Also check that the Music app and Home app are installed on the device that you’re using to set up HomePod.
How do I connect my iPhone to my HomePod?
- Plug HomePod in to power.
- Unlock your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and hold it next to HomePod.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to choose your HomePod settings.
- When asked, centre HomePod in the viewfinder on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to complete pairing.
- Wait for HomePod to finish setup.
How do I transfer music from HomePod to my iPhone?
If you’d like to hand over your music or phone call from the HomePod to your iPhone, simply bring your iPhone to within an inch of your HomePod and the audio will switch back over. Piece o’ cake. In both cases, you’ll see a notification like the one below pop up on your iPhone if the transfer was successful.
How do I use my HomePod mini as a Bluetooth speaker?
Is Apple discontinuing the HomePod?
We are discontinuing the original HomePod, it will continue to be available while supplies last through the Apple Online Store, Apple Retail Stores, and Apple Authorized Resellers. Apple will provide HomePod customers with software updates and service and support through Apple Care.